Chapter 9~ True love never dies~

*Later that night, 9:40pm*knock on the door*

James: hey Octavia, is Brooke here?

Octavia: yeah, she's in her room reading.

James: can I see her?

Octavia: sure.

James walks to the back of the condo and knocks on Brooke's door. Then slowly opening it. She sets the book down on her lap and remains under the covers of her bed. He walks over to her bed smiling and sits down on the edge.

James: how ya feeling?

Brooke: I've been better.

Her voice sounds tired and her eyes are bloodshot. James pushes a piece of hair behind her ear.

Brooke: are you alright?

James: I'm fine. My arm hurts a little bit. But I'm ok.

Brooke props herself up a little on her pillow looking at him with tears in her eyes.

Brooke: I'm so sor...

James puts his finger over her lips shushing her.

James: stop saying sorry. It's not your fault. And I'm begging to quit saying that. It isn't your fault. So please Brooke. Stop.

He takes her hand slowly and holds it. He kisses her cheek and begins to get up when Brooke pulls him back.

Brooke: thank you. So much.

James: No problem.

She watches him as his eyes look at her and then down at her mouth. He bites his bottom lip hoping she won't see. He soon bends down from where he was standing close enough to hear her breathing and slips his hand behind her head. She feels her heart skip a couple beats as he pulls her closer. They both shut their eyes and kiss. Again. Octavia knocks on the door and opens it.

Octavia: hey broo.... Whoa!!

James jumps back and Brooke feels her stomach turn upside down. She shuts her eyes and presses her lips together.

Octavia: sorry. I didn't realize..umm..you and him. Were together..

Brooke: we're not! I swear!

Octavia: continue. I'll be out here.

Brooke: no. Wait!

Brooke gets off her bed and follows her out. But she loses her balance and falls into the wall hitting her wrist. She bends over wincing at the pain until James comes over and helps her. But she regains and walks back after Octavia.

Brooke: Octavia I swear. We aren't dating.

Octavia: I'm not mad. I guess I just thought that this wouldn't be happening anytime soon.

Brooke: nothing's happening though!

Octavia: then what was that?

Brooke: nothing! I don't know!

Octavia: how many times have you two kissed?

Brooke: what...?

Octavia: is this your 1st time?

Brooke:......yes? Ok! Fine no! We kissed at the hospital!

James: and both times have completely been my fault! I kissed her!

Brooke: but we aren't together!!

James: yeah. We aren't. Cuz clearly Brooke would hate if we were.

Brooke turns and looks at him strangely.

Brooke: what? I never said that. Where are you getting that?