~Chapter 21~ The sad truth~

I woke up at 10 in the morning. I slept longer than I thought. The sun was peeking through my curtains. I quietly got up. I didn't want anyone to know I was up. I quickly did my makeup, fixed my hair, and put on a light pink summer dress. I opened up my french doors and let the wind blow my hair. I walked out and went to the ocean. I kept my distance. I wasn't ready for water and sharks yet. I walked along the waters edge. I kicked the water around and watched the waves roll up. I sat down on a rock and played around with the shells. Before long my mind got to me and I broke one and started to run it along my wrist. I flashed back to my 8th grade year.
*Flashback*
Random kid: (laughs) yeah. Whatever. You're just fat and ugly!
Brooke:...thanks...
With that I found myself sitting in math class everyday cutting. Not my smartest decision. Funny thing was. I wasn't fat. I was actually very much under weight. But of course. That got the best of me.
*End of flashback*
As I was lost in my flashback someone came up and yanked the shell out of my hand and pulled me up. I flashed out and noticed it was James.
James: what are you doing?!
Brooke: what...?
James: you were trying to...with the broken shell...!!!
Brooke: I...I was just.. No. I wasn't..
James: Why?! What were you thinking?! That coming out here and breaking a shell and doing that would keep me from finding out!!
Brooke: no. I didn't mean.. I just.. It wasn't like that! I didn't realize.. And.. I just..
James: you knew what you were doing! It was hard enough finding out that you used to and the fact you..!
Brooke: I.. Just... Ya know?! YOU left ME! You don't know what I went through when you left! Things changed! I changed! You weren't there James! You weren't there for anything! So how are you supposed to know anything?!
I ran away from him crying. I slammed the french doors shut and locked them. Then I locked my other door. I collapsed on my bed sobbing. I heard him come to the french doors trying to get in.
James: Brooke. Open the door. Come on..
Brooke: get out!!
Before too long he was knocking on my other door trying to get in. I ignored him and lay crying on my bed. Within 10 minutes I heard him trying to unlock the door. I didn't expect it to work but it did. When he walked in my eyes were bloodshot so I turned over. My head was in the pillow and I pulled the covers up over me. He shut the door behind him and he made his way over to me. I held onto the blankets so he couldn't pull them off. He went and sat on the edge facing me.
James: will you talk to me now?
I shook my head and scooted farther away.
James: come on. Brooke. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..act like a jerk back there. I was just.. Scared and shocked.. Please I'm sorry.
Brooke: you hate me now...
I cried a little harder saying that. I felt like such a baby but it was true and I wasn't going to fight it.
James: whoa! What?! No, no, no, no! I do NOT hate you! Never! I love you! No matter what! I'll always love you! I could never, ever, ever hate you! You're amazing! And I love you so so so much! Now please. Look at me. I want to see that beautiful face of yours.
I slowly sat up and he wiped the tears off my cheeks and kissed my head.
James: give me your hands.
I sat up and he took my hands.
James: promise me you'll never, ever, ever do it again!
Brooke: I..umm..
James: brooke, promise me!
Brooke: ok, ok! I promise! I honestly promise you.
James: thanks you!
Brooke: you can break up with me now...
James: what? Why would I break up with you?...
Brooke: because I....yeah...
James: babe..just cause you did that doesn't mean I'm gonna break up with you. I'm not leaving you.
Brooke: You may as well cause everyone else has..
James: well those people are stupid. They don't know that they're missing a chance to know this beautiful, smart, caring girl. It really must suck for them. As for me..I'm dating her. And it's perfect. Cause she's perfect.
Brooke: I'm not perfect..
James: to me you are. It doesn't matter what you think. I know you are. (Smiles) Do you want something to drink?
Brooke: sure. Thanks.
He got up and went to the kitchen. I went over to my window and opened it. Then I heard James' phone go off. I knew he wouldn't mind if I checked it so I went over and read it. It was from halston... What..?
"Hey baby. :* Meet at my place later?;) Love you babe. Bye boo."
I let the tears flood my eyes. I should've never trusted them. How could I?! Ugh! How could he?! He came back in and smiled but it quickly faded when he saw me.
James: Hey. What's wrong..?
Brooke: like you wouldn't know?!
I threw his phone at him and he caught it before it flew past him. I ran past him running into him on the way out.
*James' POV*
I didn't understand what was wrong with her until I read my text. I closed my eyes and ran my finger through my hair. Why... Halston must've knew I was with her and knew she would see that.. How could I ever get her to believe me..? I slowly put my phone in my pocket and walked out.
James: where's broo?..
Octavia: Are you happy? Why is halston texting you that?! Did you think Brooke wasn't gonna feel devastated?! She's heart broken!
James: it's not what it looks like! Halston knew I was with Brooke and texted me that knowing Brooke would see it! We aren't together!
Octavia only turned away from me hotter than hell's fire. I sighed and walked out the door searching for Brooke. I had to find her before she..did anything.. I ran out into the beach and finally saw her. But something was different. She was out in the ocean. What is she doing?! She never goes that far out! As soon as she goes another 4 feet she'll meet the drop off. I kicked off my shoes and ran out into the ocean. I raced through the water and finally reached her.
James: what are you doing?!
I shouted it a little louder than I had expected. I shook her and saw how red her eyes were.
Brooke: let go of me! Get off!
She broke away and ran back up to the shore. A few times the waves would knock her down and she was soaked by the time she was at the sand. She was fast. I ran after her doing my best to catch her. I finally caught her and pulled her back. She fought and tried to push me off but I held onto her tighter.
Brooke: get off me now! I want nothing to do with you!
James: Brooke, stop! I'm not dating halston! She texted me that because she knew I was with you and she knew you'd see it!
She had broke away before I ever got half way into that sentence. She ran away and I saw halston down by the water. I ran up to her. I had a feeling Brooke would watch me. I didn't care. I was giving halston a piece of my mind.
James: Do you think this is funny?!
Halston turned around and looked at me. She smiled and played with her hair.
Halston: well there you are. I'm glad you could make it.
James: this isn't funny!
Halston: what isn't?
James: stop playing stupid! You really hurt Brooke! And she won't believe me!
Halston: good. Lets let her believe ME more.
Before I even realized what she meant she kissed me. She directed my hands a little too far below her back. She had the tightest grip and was intensively kissing me. I pushed her off me hard and didn't even want to dare turn around. I know Brooke had seen everything. And the only thing I knew was Halston and I had both got flipped off. Then I heard a door slam and a few words being said...

•Anyone else think she was a lil mad.. Hmm.. :) The whole time I was writing that a few days ago I had one song on my mind. "Really don't care" by demi lovato! I'm madly in love with it. Btw. No hate if you're a Jalston shipper. I'm totally not calling halston out. I'm just writing and I had to use one of James' girlfriends! So don't flip! Thanks!•