~Chapter 56~ No more~

•Chapter 56! Thank you for all the lovely comments! And thank you for 20K reads!!(: I have the rest of the chapters planned out till the end. Chapter 57 is almost done. Also, shoutout to the bestie who has finally decided to take it into her power and read my story... I've gotten gasps and emojis and foul language all night! (Love you KD<3) So..Another chapter down.•

••••Home••••James' POV••••

"Aww Octavia!! I'm beyond excited for you!" Brooke said happily from the other room. Both her and Octavia were jumping around the room talking about Brooke's wedding and Octavia's wedding.

"I'm really happy for you bro." I told Logan as I hugged him.

"Thanks. I felt your nerves." He replied.

"Oh, just wait. In 2 weeks is the wedding."

"Have the doubts kicked in?"

"After tonight. No. We had this whole conversation about stars-"

"Stars?" Logan laughed repeating what I said.

"It was serious though. It'd make more sense if I explained it but I'm not gonna. It really had me rethink things."

"Is that good?"

"Perfect actually."

The clock chimed twelve as me and Logan said goodnight and I headed upstairs. Brooke was already there. She was just climbing into bed. I smiled as I walked in.

"Logan and Octavia." I said smiling.

"I'm so happy for them." She said happily.

"Me too."

I climbed in next to her. I switched the lamp off and the room was filled with silence and darkness. I felt Brooke move closer to me and cling tightly to my hand. She only did this when something was bothering her.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked pulling her closer.

"Nothing. I'm fi..okay. I'm okay."

"Bull. Tell me what's bothering you."

"It just scares me. Being in the dark. I'm afraid..Mark is-"

"Mark isn't here. You said you weren't scared of him."

"I'm not. He still bothers me."

"Listen, he's not here. You're fine. I'm not leaving you. Try and get some sleep."

I made sure my arm was tightly around her and I soon felt her head fall to my shoulder. I smiled and shut my eyes as well, quickly falling asleep.

•••Brooke's POV•••

I woke about an hour later still tangled in James' arms. I turned to my side and saw the window was cracked open. It was not like that when we went to bed. Maybe James got up and cracked it. But he hasn't moved. I laid still, afraid to move. Afraid to breathe.

"Beautiful wedding dress." I heard someone say. I quickly adjusted my eyes to the dark and saw mark standing, holding my wedding dress.

"How the..get out!!" I whisper shouted.

"Tell me. Do you really think blaze would want you to wear this?" He asked.

I carefully got out of bed and stood folding my arms.

"He'd want me to walk out in nothing! And I'd like you to walk out and not come back."

He tosses the dress at me and walks slowly to the window. I watch him with a disgusted look on my face.

"Why did I ever date you?" I asked.

"The same reason you dated blaze." He replied. I quickly hid the wedding dress back in its spot and turned back to mark.

"I want you to get out! And to stay out!" I say feeling my anger rise.

"Or what? You'll stomp your foot and place your hands on your hips and yell at me? Scary."

I felt like a boiling pot of water now. It was 2 in the morning. I was tired. I was cranky. And I was frankly a little creeped out.

"Go!" I whisper yelled again. This time he rolled his eyes and left. I sighed and shut the window. I locked it and pulled the blinds and curtains down tight. I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"Brooke?" James slowly sat up slowly. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I just had to use the restroom." I lied. Great marriage commitment Brooke. But let's be honest. I wasn't telling James Mark was just in here. The wedding was soon. Everything was fine. And I'm still not even sure if this is real..or if it's my wacky mind playing tricks on me again. Probably my mind..

I slowly climbed back into bed beside him and felt his arm snake around me almost immediately. I moved closer to him and made myself comfortable and safe. I felt him carefully kiss the side of my neck before I fell asleep. I feel into my dreams. The happy dreams. That only one once in a great while. But when they do. They're fantastic! Especially when they're about a wedding that's only a short while away.

•It was kinda short, but it filled in empty gaps. So comment!!! Chapters are decreasing! So comment, comment, comment!! So goodnight to those going to bed. And good morning to those waking up! Bye<3••