~Chapter 54~ So close~

That last month nothing had happened. James and I hadn't talked in a week. Taylor and Kendall were still fighting. And I hadn't slept in 3 days. 3 weeks ago, as you recall, I threw a knife at the wall. 2 weeks ago I burnt my arm on the curling iron. And this week I cut my leg with my shower razor. Today was rainy and all together crappy. Thunder rumbled and rain was pouring down. I sat in my room almost all day. I found myself drifting on and off into sleep. Every time I did I saw familiar green eyes and the smirk of a smile on his face as he tossed me my old razor. The first time I dropped it. The second time I held onto it. And I didn't close my eyes to see the third time. It was about 9:00 and the storm was still raging on. I sat watching lightening flash as the power quickly flickered off. I groaned and went to my table to light my candle. I lit it and saw a face at my window. Green eyes. I threw myself back, only to realize it was just the flicker of the candle. I turned back and screamed seeing Mark standing there.

Mark: why so jumpy cassidy?

Brooke: what..how...?

He bends and opens up one of the drawers built into my bed. He picks up a dusty box and shakes it. The jingling sound it makes puts a disgusted look on my face. He opens it revealing a black layering over it. He takes it off and pours old memories into his hand. 3 razors and 2 screws.

Mark: never could flush em could ya Cassidy?

Brooke: stop calling me that!!

He puts everything back in and closed the box. He throws it at me. He sprays something at me and that's all I remember. When I wake up I realize it was just a dream. Or not..the box sat on my chest I sat up and opened it up. Everything was still there. I poured it into my hand and stared blankly at it. I jumped as my door opened.

Kendall: knock kno...

I tried to shove the items back into the box but it was almost too obvious. I sighed and stood up throwing everything to my bed.

Kendall: Brooke..what's going on?

Brooke: nothing. Kendall-

Kendall: James talked about this nonstop. I told him not to worry.

Brooke: I didn't do anything! Mark..he came in and-

Kendall: Mark? Who's mark?

Brooke: my old boyfriend! Blaze's sisters fiancé. Point is I didn't do anything. I just opened it and-

Kendall: Brooke..James..

Brooke: wait. What are you doing here?

Kendall: we had today off so I drove up here to work things out with Taylor.

Brooke: is James here?

Kendall: no I'm sorry. Brooke..I think you're just taking this blaze thing a little rough. Try to keep yourself busy.

I nodded as he walked out. I sighed and threw everything into my box and threw it back into my dusty drawer with crumpled, stained tissues. I climbed into bed and prayed the whole Mark thing was only a dream.

*James' POV*

*Morning*

James: why didn't you take them away?!!

Kendall: I didn't think about it!

I ran my hands through my hair and bit my bottom lip harder than intended. I turned around and walked to my car.

Kendall: dude! What are you doing? We are in Texas. We have a show tomorrow. You aren't going to make it to Cali and back.

James: I don't care. I can't let her hurt herself again. If I fly it'll only be 3 hours here and back. I can make it.