~Chapter 43~ Remember when~

*Morning*
*James' POV*
I silently got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I changed into shorts and a blue tank top. I fixed my hair and went downstairs. I went to the kitchen and made iced coffee. I then went outside and sat down on the deck. It was about 9:00. At about 9:45 I heard Brooke come out. She was all ready.
James: have you been up there getting ready?
Brooke: yeah.
Her hair was straight like usual. But it was beautiful. She had makeup on, which she didn't need. But she'd never believe you when you told her that. And then she had on a light pink dress that met her knees.
James: you look gorgeous.
Brooke: as gorgeous as Halston?
James: I don't think she ever wore that dress. And you look better then her in anything! Trust me. By the way, there's iced coffee in the fridge.
She smiled and went inside. She returned in about a minute with a cup of iced coffee in her hand. I pulled her down on my lap.
James: how'd you sleep, pretty girl?
Brooke: fantastic! You?
James: amazing, thanks to you.
I pulled her down and kissed her sweetly. I was amazed that the little girl I knew way back then was my fiancé. The little girl I kissed behind a tree was going to walk down the isle in a real wedding dress. I had never looked at a girl the way I looked at her. I knew that there was never another soul I wanted to spend my life with. It was all her.
James: listen, I want to go back to LA...
Brooke: but blaze is there. Yeah.
James: I just want you safe. I thought we could fly back tomorrow. But you are not leaving my sight.
Brooke: that's perfectly fine.
James: since it's our last day..let's play in the ocean!
I picked her up and ran to the ocean.
Brooke: no! James! I swear! Put me down!
I got to the waters edge and stopped, laughing at her screaming.
Brooke: James David...
James: I wouldn't!
I spun around and set her down, kissing her first. She walked back up to the house.
Brooke: I need to call my mom! I completely forgot I needed to tell her about the engagement!
I laughed as she ran inside. I sat down in the sand and listened to the faint conversation and shrieks from Brooke. After about 20 minutes, she came back out.
Brooke: do you want to make cupcakes?
James: remember last time?
Brooke: you mean the time you attacked me with icing and kissed me?
James: yes that time.
Brooke: I wouldn't mind it happening again.
James: you are a lil devil today.
Brooke: so you don't want to?
James: of course I do!
I jumped up and grabbed her hand, running inside.
****In LA****
**Blaze's POV**
It'd been about a day and I still haven't found her. I wouldn't have thought she would've gotten so far. She barely has a memory. Next time..well..there will be no "next time" because next time I'm killing her. And James. Or maybe just James..and I'll torture Brooke until she finally dies. Wherever she is, she'll be back. It's not hard to track her down.
*Brooke's POV*
James and I had both decided that we would head back to California. We were seated on the plane, waiting for take off.
James: everything okay?
Brooke: of course.
James: you sure? You seem a little nervous. You're not talking a lot.
Brooke: sorry. I guess I'm just..I don't know..blaze..
James: it'll be okay. He's not going to hurt you.
Brooke: he always does. It doesn't matter who I'm with. He always hurts me.
James: everything will be okay.
He took my hand and squeezed it. I laid my head down on his shoulder as I felt the plane begin to take off.
*James' POV*
The flight felt short. When we got off we took a taxi back to the boys. There was little conversation. By the time we got to the house everyone was in bed. It was about 2:30 in the morning. We went up to our room and decided to just go to bed. I took off my shirt first and crawled in beside Brooke. She was on her back, staring at the ceiling. I slightly sat up on my elbows. I looked at her but I knew she was too deep in thought to notice. I moved into her and leaned down, kissing her. She lightly ran her hand through my hair. And I leaned away.
James: you need to tell me what's worrying you.
Brooke: nothing.
James: well what's wrong?
Brooke: nothing.
She turned away from me on her side. She kept her eyes open , but I heard her silently sigh. I put my hand on her shoulder and tried to turn her.
Brooke: James..stop..
I sighed and poked her in the side causing her to screech and jump. She hated when anybody ticked her. I kept poking her as she squirmed and tried to keep from giggling. She finally hopped up out of bed, putting her hands on her hip and giving me a glare.
James: you look really cute when you're mad.
She crossed her arms this time and leaned against the wall.
James: come on..come back..
She shook her head and began to open the bedroom door to walk out. I hopped up and ran to her, picking her up. I sat her on the bed gently and crawled back in.
James: what's wrong?
Brooke: nothing!
James: tell me right now!
Brooke: fine! I guess I'm just a little scared! If blaze was mad then think about how mad he'll be now!
James: listen, everything will be okay. Nothing bad is going to happen.
Brooke: don't say that.
James: you'll be safe. I will keep you safe.
She scooted over against me. I put my arm around her and gently moved my hand up and down her arm. I kissed her head and held onto her. Soon I heard her quietly breathing. I bent down just enough to see she was already asleep. I saw her chest rise and fall. I smiled at her and eventually fell asleep as well.

•Have a good Monday. Tell me what you think. The next chapters are "better". G-night..•