~Chapter 37~ No game~

*James' POV*

I walked back in her room to say good night. I knocked on the door, but it remained silent.

James: Brooke?

There wasn't answer so I slowly opened the door. I peaked inside and she wasn't there. I pushed the door open and noticed the long sleeved shirt she had on was on the floor. I realized that her window was open. I looked outside and there was nothing. I know she wouldn't run away. Not now.

James: Logan!!!

Logan: what?

James: I need you to call the cops and tell then there's been a murder.

Logan: what?!

James: I'm killing blaze!

He put his hand on my chest and stopped me.

Logan: whoa. Whoa. What's going on?

James: blaze took Brooke again.

Logan: dude! You need to sleep! You can't keep chasing...

James: you keep telling me to sleep! How am I supposed to sleep when she's out there?! How am I supposed to know he's not gonna do something bad to her?!

Logan: James..

James: no! You'd be doing the same thing if this was Octavia!

*Brooke's POV*

Brooke: blaze...

I shouldn't have spoke. He spun around and slapped me in the face. Hard. I fell on the car floor holding my cheek, crying.

Blaze: you may as well keep your mouth shut! You're already in for it!

I held my cheek and silently sobbed in the back. After awhile I fell asleep. When I woke up the car clock said 4:38am. Blaze was drinking. I could smell the alcohol. He was swarming through the road. I felt my heart speed up. I gripped the car seat and watched ahead. As things began to calm down, so did I. But I thought too soon. Just as I thought things were going alright Blaze swerved into the other lane. And..I saw headlights, glass break, and I went into complete darkness...

*James POV*

I was in the car with Logan, he insisted he should go. I had the radio on to calm me down. As one of the songs ended, an important news line came on.

Reporter: Police have now arrived at the scene in Chicago. A crash reported an hour ago involved a male and female around their 20's. No evidence has been reported on what happened. Both people are in the hospital. The female was reported to have a severe head trauma. And the male looks to have broken his arm. The male seems to have announced his name as Alex and The females Brooke.

James: wait... What?!

I slammed on the brakes and listened to the radio.

Reported: The female has been put in intensive care. They're both in St. John's hospital in Chicago.

James: oh my..Brooke..

I broke into tears. Logan and I traded spots, as he began to drive to Chicago. The ride was...long, depressing, terrifying, and heart breaking. When he finally got to Chicago it was way into morning. We drove to the hospital and I practically ran to the information desk.

James: excuse me?

Secretary: yes?

James: what room is Brooke Cassidy in?

Secretary: and who are you?

James: I'm James Maslow, her boyfriend.

Secretary: Of course. Security!