Chapter 1

Taylor's POV

"Taylor," I heard someone whisper.

I forced my eyes open, and saw that we were still in the safe house. I guess I fell asleep. I looked to the side and found Selena crouching down to my level, looking at me with tears streaming down her face as she seemed like she was trying to hold back a sob.

I was still hugging Adam, well, you could say that I was leaning on him a little bit. I knew something as terribly wrong; I didn't feel Adam's chest rising up and down.

Could he be....?

No, Taylor. Don't think like that. He's NOT dead.

"What is it?" I asked with a hoarse voice. I didn't want to believe to fact that Adam might not be here with us.

"Adam-" she sobbed. "We can't find his pulse," she said, full on sobbing.

"No." I said, shaking my head as tears fell. "No. He still has a pulse." I continued. "No," I said, sobbing.

I looked up at Adam, his eyes were closed, his skin pale, and I held his cold hand.

Cold hand...

The realization hit me that he was actually gone. And he wasn't coming back.

Tears were falling uncontrollably right at that time. "Adam. No," I said hopelessly. Even thought it hurt like hell, I sat up beside him. "Adam," I said, placing my hand on his cheek, slapping it lightly a few times as I continued to sob. "Come back, Adam," I cried, moving his arm furiously, trying to knock some life in him, which was absolutely impossible.

And as expected, he didn't wake up. Heck, he didn't even move a muscle.

"I love you. I love you so so much. Please come back, Adam." I cried, resting my head on his chest, where I could usually hear his heartbeat.

Just a few seconds later, the paramedics came.

People were practically prying me off Adam, who I was holding on for my dear life. That statement was actually true though, I didn't think I would even survive without him.

"You have to make him come back!" I screamed at the paramedics.

"Yes. We will try our best. But for know we have to take some tests on you, Ms. Swift. You breathed in the dangerous gases from the eruption," one of the paramedics said to me before putting a mask over my head, allowing me to breathe normally again.

I didn't know what was in the mask they put on me, but it seemed like the world was getting darker and darker. And with the thought of Adam, I felt a tear slip down my cheek as I close my eyes.
-
I woke up in a quiet room. At least, I think I was a room. My eyes couldn't seem to adjust themselves to the dim lighting, so I rubbed them with my hands.

Why on earth is there and IV on my right hand?

Wait. Was I at the hospital? What happene-

And then the memories flooded in.

I bursted into tears, making my breaths so uneven that it was getting harder and harder to breathe.