Chapter 6

Taylor's POV

I woke up to a wave of nausea hitting me like a truck, as soon as my eyes were open, I immediately ran into the bathroom and puked my guts out.

After if what seemed like a few seconds of me being in the bathroom, I heard a voice calling me. More specifically, Adam's voice calling me.

"Taylor?" Adam called. I knew that he couldn't walk or anything, and that was actually an advantage, since I didn't want him to see me. Not when I was in my most vulnerable state.

"Hold on a sec!" I shouted back hurriedly, before grasping the toilet bowl and throwing up once again.

After a few minutes, I was finally done. I brushed my teeth with a new toothbrush I found in the drawer of the cupboard in the corner of the bathroom, right beside the sink.

When I got out, I was met by Adam staring at me. He seemed concern.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Adam asked, starting to ramble before I sort of cut him off.

"I'm fine, really. It's supposed to be like this.... right?" I replied, whispering the last word to my terrified self.

"Is it?" Adam asked.

Oh yeah. I just remembered that he doesn't know anything about these stuff.

"Yeah," I said a little bit confidently. I didn't know if I was trying to make myself sure that it was fine or if I was trying to make Adam less worried.

"Oh. Okay then," he said. "C'mere. I wanna cuddle." He motioned me to him, and I gladly obliged. "I love you, you know that, right?" He said, stroking my hair gently, brushing out a few knots here and there.

"Yeah. And I love you, too," I said. He pulled me in closer, and we just laid there in silence.

Then, after a few minutes of silence, I heard a knock on the door. "Come in," Adam said.

"How are you doing today, Mr. Harris?" The doctor asked politely.

"Please call me Calvin." Adam said, smiling. That sounded really weird somehow.

"Alright. Got it," the doctor smiled back warmly, as he repeated the same question it with a 'Calvin' instead of 'Mr. Harris'.

"I'm fine, I guess," Adam said, shrugging.

"Have you had any breathing problems?" The doctor questioned.

"Um.... No? I don't think so," Adam replied as he thought hard.

"Alright. Great." The doctor grinned, clicked his pen, and scribbled something on the board he was holding. "We'll be able to release you in a couple of days, Calvin," the doctor smiled.

"Aight, mate. Great," Adam said, grinning.
-
We were getting ready to go back to New York when I felt sharp pains throughout my whole abdomen and practically everywhere in the area.

I couldn't be in labor, could I? I was probably just a few weeks in....

I let out a cry of pain, collapsing to the ground.

"Taylor!" Adam called.

I was seeing black spot dancing around my eyelids, only leaving me with a small tunnel of vision.

"Taylor, babe. Can you hear me?" Adam asked, shaking me a little bit.

I wanted to nod, but I just couldn't.