Chapter 34

Adam's POV

It'd been a few weeks since Taylor had gone missing. And don't even ask me about how the whole 'searching for Taylor with Karlie and Austin' went.

By now, I was pissed off. I was pissed off because the police - or detectives, whatever - couldn't find her. I was pissed off because I couldn't find her. I was pissed off because everything was going so right before all of this happened. I was pissed off because I felt like I failed at being her fiancé, who was supposed to protect her at all costs.

I just felt like a failure.

I sighed as I took a seat on the sofa. The police hadn't stopped searching, but it seemed like I had stopped hoping. 

"Hey, Mer-Bear," I greeted with a small pained smile. I petted her head, saying,"I'm sorry that I don't know where Mummy is."

She meowed in response. Dibbles and Roy joined us on the sofa, probably making me look like a crazy guy obsessed with cats.

"You miss Mummy?" I asked Dibbles, who snuggled to my side. "How about you, little guy?" I asked Roy this time, to just purred under my touch.

I had lost count of how many times I'd cried this past few weeks. I felt hopeless.

I shook my head, standing up. "I'm going to get Taylor," I told myself.
-
I realized that searching for her around the whole city was hard. There were no clues whatsoever.

"Dammit. Just tell me where she is!" I shouted in my car to no one in particular.

I rubbed the side of my head. I knew I was coming down with something, but I couldn't make it the reason not to search for Taylor.

Being stuck in traffic sucked. It sucked so bad that I wanted to rip people's heads open. It wouldn't suck if Taylor was here with me.

I still remember how I joked about traffic. Saying that traffic was a blessing, which Taylor rolled her eyes to. God, I missed her eyes. I missed feeling her lips against mine. I missed her touch. I just missed her so much.

"Go! Fucking go!" I shouted at the car in front of me, which wasn't moving at all, angrily as soon as  the light turned green.
-
I parked my car on the damp soil near a tree quickly before exiting. I'm pretty sure I'd been driving for like twelve hours, since I left at eight p.m. and it was like half past eight.

I had no idea where I was. My GPS wasn't working, my phone died. Just my luck, right?

I sat on the ground, leaning my back on the tree trunk. It was really quiet.

Well, except for that scream.

"I might as well just help," I whispered to myself before standing up and brushing myself off.

I walked to where I thought the scream was from, and sure enough, there was an old abandoned barn nearby.

I heard my stomach grumbling. "God, where am I? Do they sell food?" I asked myself.

Talking to myself had been happening a lot lately. Whether I was going insane or just lonely, I had no idea.

I walked toward the barn, feeling the need to find out what was going on. I mean, it sounded like a blood-curdling scream instead of the screams I usually heard from Taylor whenever her and I had se- okay, enough, Adam. Enough.

I knocked on the large door of the barn.  "Is anyone in there?" I asked loudly.

I heard some shuffling of - what I guessed was - feet, before I heard a man said,"Take her inside."