Chapter 16

Taylor's POV
//TIMESKIP\\

"Adam," I whispered, nudging my sleeping fiancé awake.

"What is it, Tay?" He replied tiredly, his eyes still closed as he rolled over to the other side, just about to fall from the bed.

Out of instincts, I literally grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him to my side, since I obviously didn't want him to fall down and break a bone.

"Adam, wake up," I said, kissing his forehead before trailing down to kiss his lips.

"What time is it?" He asked, opening his eyes slowly after I pulled away.

"It is currently 10 a.m., my dear Adam. We need to get to the airport," I said, rubbing his arm.

"Alright, I'm up, I'm up,"

"Go take a shower and get ready, we're leaving in about 45 minutes," I said, checking the digital clock on the nightstand.
-
"It was a great road trip, right, guys?" Karlie said, sighing while smiling, taking her seat on the jet, as it was taking off.

"Yeah. It was," Adam said. "Especially Christmas," he added, whispering in my ear. I blushed.

Just as soon as I sat down, I had to rush to the bathroom.

"Tay!" Adam exclaimed, rushing into the bathroom as I threw up water. "Are you okay?" He asked, holding my hair back as he rubbed circles on my back while I continued my business. I shook my head, felling tears welling up in my eyes. "It's alright, love. You'll be okay," he cooed.

When I was done, I flushed the toilet and leaned back. "Am I sick?" I whispered as Adam put the back of his hand on my forehead.

"No, you're fine," he said.

"I'm sorry,"

"Hey," he said softly. "There's nothing to be sorry for, Tay," he continued, tilting my head to face his, his thumb caressing my cheek.
-
"Dude! That's hella rad!" I heard Karlie exclaim.

Not knowing where the hell I actually was, I looked around.

Right. We're still in the jet.

"Adam?" I called.

"Yeah?" He asked from the other side of the jet.

"What are you doing?" I asked, wanting to join the fun, too.

"We're playing Scrabble. I hope you wanna join us," he replied, a goofy grin escaping from his mouth.

"Of course I do," I said, smiling as I walked to where they were.

I plopped on the seat beside Adam. "Feel better?" He asked, nudging me gently.

"Yeah," I said, before showing my very competitive side as we played the game.

//TIMESKIP\\

"I'm so glad we're finally back," Cara said, sighing.

"Yeah. After that long flight," I said shaking my head, "I feel like I just wanna sleep."

"You literally slept for like ten hours," Karlie said.

"But there's still a thing called jet lag, my dear friend," I said.