THE OLIVE TREE (ONESHOT)

Taylor's POV

"Where are you taking me?!" I giggled as Adam kept on refusing to tell me where we were going. He put a blindfold on me as soon as we had our lunch at his place. "Adam, I'm serious!" I said, laughing lightly.

"I'm still not telling you," he replied, chuckling.

"Could you give me a hint, then?" I pleaded.

"Hmm... This place is somewhere you go to every day,"

"Starbucks?" I asked.

"You and I both know that you don't go to Starbucks every single day, love. You have another guess," he said.

I stayed quiet as I thought about the place he could be taking me. The place I go every day?

"Oh, wait. Correction: the place you go to every day when you're in LA,"

"My house?"

"I guess you should just see it for yourself, yeah?" He said, taking my blindfold off.

I was immediately greeted by the sunlight, making me squint my eyes just a little bit. I looked around.

"We are in my house!" I said cheerfully, happy that I had guessed the right thing.

"We are," he said. "But there's also something else in - or outside -  this house. Something new," he said.

"You're with my detectivey self right now. What might it be, Mr. Wiles? Could you describe this 'something new' to me, please?" I asked politely, just like how a detective would. At least I hope they're polite.

"Describe?" He was quiet for a moment. "Well, it's not that big..."

"Is it a cat?"

"Not quite... It has these things they use for transporting water," he said.

"You like to go all science-y on me, huh?" I said, thinking hard of what it could be.

"Pretty much. It also has these things that absorb water and minerals..."

"Is it a plant?"

"Of some sort, yes," he said, grinning.

"Where is it?"

"In the yard," he said, taking my hand and leading me to my own yard.

"There," he pointed at a small plant, which I think was an olive tree.

"An olive tree?" I asked him, as I knew that I could had been wrong. I was never really good at science anyway.

"Yes. It's an olive tree," he stated.

I walked toward it.

"Just before you have any ideas of how stupid I am, I have a reason behind this," Adam said, and I could practically hear his voice.

I laughed lightly. "And what might that reason be, Mr. Wiles?"

"Did you know that if you cut the trunk down, it will still grow?" Adam asked.

"I've never really heard of that, no," I said, feeling his arms around my waist. I rapped my arms around the back of his neck loosely, smiling up at him.