Chapter 5

Taylor's POV

The following day was a whole lot better. Adam got better and everyone was allowed to go in the room at once. But still, the doctors said that we couldn't make Adam awake for more than 5 hours, since he desperately needed his rest.

"How ya feelin', mate?" Ed asked as soon as Adam was in his sight.

"Great," he replied with a smile as he stole a glance at me; I was sitting on the same stool beside him.

Karlie and Cara entered the room together, greeting Adam happily as if they hadn't seen him for a few weeks.

The others, the Haim girls, Charlie, Burns, and Selena, followed.

Charlie and Burns immediately ran to Adam and they both gave him hugs and they said things along the lines of 'I'm so glad you're okay.'

The scene in front of all of us made us smile. They were literally friendship goals. We all stood in our original places, not wanting to break the hugging-and-crying session. And yes, Burns and Charlie were crying out of joy because Adam was alive and doing well, since they hadn't been able to visit him the previous day.

"You're okay!" Burns exclaimed at Adam when they broke apart from the hugging session that seemed to last for a good few minutes.

I swear they look like a gay couple, oh my God.

I couldn't help but laugh. I'd never really thought about Adam being gay; I thought about us having a future.

It was a new thought, only making me laugh louder.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, what is going on there?" Adam asked, smiling widely.

"Oh- um... nothing," I said, and a blush crept up my cheeks as I tried to hide it.

"Alright guys, let's leave. Let's give them some alone time," Karlie said, just after everyone has hugged Adam. Smirking at me, and Adam, all of them went out of  he hospital room as soon as they had regained their normal, neutral faces.

"So..." Adam started.

"So..." I copied him.

"Umm..." He said nervously. Why on earth was he so nervous? "Why were you laughing?" He asked.

"Adam, why are you so nervous?" I asked, laughing lightly.

"I- umm... I just, I'm not ready to hear the reason why..." He trailed off, smiling sheepishly at me.

I laughed. "It's nothing big, really. I just thought," I paused, and decided to not to tell him. He'd laugh, or mock me for thinking those stuff. Not that I mind myself being laughed at or mocked or anything, I was just worried that if he laughed too hard, he would somehow burst the stitches in his left side open. And we didn't want that. "Nothing." I said a little bit too quickly for Adam to think that I was telling the truth.

"I know you're lying," he chuckled. "But anyways," he said, changing the conversation,"how far along are you?"

"Uh... I don't really know... I haven't really checked, yet..." I said, trailing off.

"Oh! We should go and check how far along you are, then! And how the baby's doing! I'm so excited!" Adam exclaimed, practically rambling like a teenage girl.