Chapter 22

*TRIGGER WARNING*
Taylor's POV

"Adam?" I croaked out, before going into coughing mode.

Let me tell you what was going on. It was a few days after I brought up  the whole marriage planning, and since then I'd been sick.

"Yeah? Do you need anything?" Adam asked, and I could sense the panic in his voice.

"Can you call Tree and say that I can't go to the interview today?" I asked.

"Yeah. Of course," he said, rushing to his phone before calling Tree.

Adam's POV

Shit. If Taylor says that she couldn't go to an interview, it must be serious.

I called Tree, saying that Taylor was sick; therefore, she couldn't go to the interview.

She thankfully said that it was okay, that Taylor could have a few days off.

Taylor's POV

"I'm going to the store to get you some medicine. Are you gonna be okay?" Adam asked, concern laced in his voice.

"Yeah. I'll be fine," I said, snuggling into the covers as I felt like the room temperature had gone down a little bit.

"Call me if you need anything, okay? I promise I won't take half an hour," he said, holding my hand in his, running his finger up and down the back of my hand comfortingly.

"Safe drive. I love you," I said, kissing his cheek.

"I love you, too," he said before heading out.

Just a few minutes after Adam had went out, I saw my phone light up because of a notification.

Reading the headline, I knew that it was some nasty news about me, but I still read it.

'Calvin Harris going to the pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test? Could Taylor Swift be pregnant?'

Are you serious right now? I thought as I read how many people had liked it.

It's really clear that it was edited, can't people just see how bad of an edit that is? I mean, the colors don't even match.

'Taylor's such a slut omg'

'Ugh just die Taylor. Your ruining calvins life' (I made the grammatical error on purpose lol)

'What a whore'

I read the hateful comments. I had never done this ever since Adam was in my life, but I guess the sickness and the fact that he was out made me do it.

Holding my tears in, I read the article.

'Taylor Swift might be pregnant? No offense, Tay, but I think Taywhore might be a more suitable name for you. According to an insider, Taylor and Calvin always keep their neighbors awake at night, and that might be the reason why Taylor's preggo.'

Just great. Now the media's calling me a whore and a slut.

Before I knew it, I rushed in the bathroom, searching for the blades i had kept so long in the cupboard, taking them out and sitting on the bathroom floor.

I sighed, running the blade on my wrist as I felt the satisfying pain while blood trickled down to the bathroom floor.

I thought I heard footsteps, it was probably my imagination, though.

"Taylor?!" I heard someone - I knew that it was Adam - shouting out my name. "What are you doing?!"

"I, uh, I..." I stuttered.

"Why?" Adam asked, kneeling in front of me as he held my hand. "Why did you do this?" His eyes filled with tears.

"I don't know..."

"Is it the haters?" He asked, a tear dropping from his eye.

I didn't reply. Instead, I lowered my gaze. "I'm sorry,"

"Promise me something," Adam said, taking both of my hands in his. "Never do this again,"

"I don't know, Adam..."

"Promise me," he said once again.

I shook my head. "I can't,"

"Why not?"

"I don't know..."

"Taylor. Look at me," he said. I looked up at him. "You said that you won't let the hate get to you; why did you do this?" He asked, caressing my cheek.

"I just... I don't know, Adam. I didn't know what I was doing, I guess," I said, looking down again.

"Look. I left you alone for a while, because I knew that you wouldn't do things like this. You promised not to hurt yourself, remember?" Adam said, his voice shaky near the end of his sentence.

"I'm sorry..." I said before wincing from the pain cause by a damp towel pressed into the wound gently. "Ow," I said, sucking a breath through gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry," Adam whispered, looking at me as he tried to be more gentle.

"No, it's fine," I said, placing my hand on his.

Adam kept on cleaning the blood off my wrist, while I bit my lip to avoid half-screaming in pain as I squeezed his shoulder with my good hand.

"Thanks," I said, smiling at him.

He nodded, smiling at me.

"For not getting mad, I mean. And this, of course," I said.

"Yeah. You're welcome, I guess," he said.
-
"I really don't wanna," I whined, shaking my head as Adam kept trying to get me to eat.

"Please, Taylor. You need to eat," Adam pleaded, holding the bowl of  soup in his hands. "C'mon, you haven't eaten the whole day,"

"I'm just not hungry," I replied.

"Please. Just this once. We both need you to get better," Adam tried once again.

"But I- ugh, fine," I said, giving up as I couldn't think of an answer.

Adam grinned. "Finally!"

"Why do you want me to eat so much?" I asked, taking the bowl from his hands.

"Cause it'll help you get better. We both know damn well that being sick sucks,"

I nodded in agreement as he took the bowl from my hands. "Lean on the headboard, relax. I'm being your servant for today," Adam said with a light laugh.

"Okay," I laughed.

He fed me the soup for a while, and soon, I was finished with the whole thing. Definitely didn't realize I was hungry.

"'I'm just not hungry,'" Adam said in a mocking tone after I was done.

I laughed sheepishly, saying,"Could you make me some more?"
-----------------------------
Hey guys! I FINALLY UPDATED. THIS IS SUCH A BIG DEAL CAUSE I MISSED UPDATING SO MUCH LIKE YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND.

Anyway, going back to my chill, I thought about jumping a few months ahead in the next few chapters. You know, like timeskips? But really long ones. What do you think? Please comment cause I really need to know.

Another anyway (is that even grammatically correct), I've been thinking if I should have an AskCam - wait, my name's not Cameron, or Camryn, or anything that starts with a 'Cam'... What should I name it... If you could suggest some names for a Q&A session or whatever here (on wattpad) , please comment cause I'm sure that I'm not creative with names.

Another anyway after the other anyway, WHO ELSE IS OBSESSED WITH CAM? AS IN DALLAS. I REALLY NEED TO KNOW CAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO CALL MYSELF. A CAMERONIAN? A CAM... uh... A DALLASER? WHAT DOES CAM CALL HIS FANS?

Comment a 'TSwiftSlays' if you read my note up to this point lol

Thanks for reading!
Bye
DSBF