IHEARTRADIO AWARDS (ONESHOT)

Taylor's POV
April 4, 2016

"Babe, wake up," I heard Adam say, making me open my eyes.

"Hmm?"

"We have to go to the awards show," he said, his arm still wrapped around my waist, his other one finding its way to my hair, stroking it gently.

"What time is it?" I asked, snuggling closer to him, breathing in his scent.

"It's almost 12," he replied.

"Almost 12?! Why didn't you wake me up a few hours before?!" I asked, panicking at the fact that i might be late to the red carpet, or even worse, the show.

"I know that you had a long night, so I let you sleep in a little," he said, pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"Well I'm glad you did that," I said, realizing that I might have been more tired than I was if he woke me up a few hours before.

"Go get ready, love. We need to be there at about 3 (I seriously don't know when, I'm just guessing), and we all know how much you take in the bathroom," he said, and I could almost hear him smirk as he said the last sentence.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm up," I said, stretching before getting up in my feet.

"That's my girl," he said, grinning. "Breakfast, or lunch, rather, is ready. I'll see you downstairs," he said, exiting the room to give me some privacy while I showered.

I walked into the bathroom and started the shower, waiting for it to get warmer as I brushed my teeth.
-
After about 45 minutes in the bathroom (I took a 15-minute shower, and had a 30-minute make up session, just being clear here), I walked out the bathroom feeling refreshed.

"Adam?" I called out, and as a reply, I heard him shout back,

"Huh?!"

"Did you feed the cats?" I shouted, decreasing the volume of my own voice as I opened the door and walked down the stairs.

"Yeah. I gave Roy some of the cat food too, I hope you don't mind," he said sheepishly, petting the little gray cat on the head.

I nodded. "So what's for breakfast?"

"Pancakes," he replied with a smile.

"Since when do you even eat pancakes? I thought it was 'too unhealthy' for you," I said mockingly, putting air quotes on the words he said himself.

"Yeah, I take that back. They're too good to be given up," he said as I sat down. "Besides, today's a special day, isn't it?"

I nodded, and we both started to eat.
-
"Wait, no, you go first, babe. I need to wait for my clothes," I said, rushing Adam out, as it was already 2:25 and it would take us about 30 minutes o get there.

"Are you sure?" He asked, walking out the door in his gray suit. "We can go together,"

"Yes I'm sure. And no, we can't. You're gonna show up late if you wait for me,"

"It's fine. Showing up late to the red carpet with you doesn't sound that bad," he said. "We could be the rebellious couple,"

"Are you serious?" I laughed. "We can't be the rebellious couple, Adam. Now go, before I put you in the car myself,"

"Okay, okay. I'll see you there. I love you," he pecked my lips.