Chapter 19

Taylor's POV

"I can't believe he did that," I sobbed into Karlie's chest, feeling her rub her hand up and down my back in a comforting manner.

"Me too," she said, sniffling. "I swear I'm gonna beat his ass up," she said with a fierce tone. "No one plays with my best friend's heart like that. He's gonna get it, Taylor. Don't worry," she continued as I sobbed some more.

I arrived at my house just a few minutes ago, and was greeted by laughs and cheers before they saw that I had tears streaming down my face.

Now, the girls except for Karlie and Cara were downstairs, making food for all of us to eat, but I think the knew that I wasn't up for eating.

"Girls? The meal is ready!" Ellie called us just like how a mom would.

"C'mon, Tay. We gotta eat," Cara said, pulling me gently by my arms.

"No," I shook my head, tears falling from my eyes as I blinked. "I'm not in the mood,"

"But you have to eat, Tay," Karlie said sympathetically.

"But I don't want to. Leave me alone," I whined, getting out of Cara's grasp.

"Taylor," Cara called.

"Leave me alone!" I exclaimed, burying my head inside a pillow, which was a huge mistake because it smelled like Adam. "Damn it!" I threw everything on my bed to the ground, obviously frustrated and sad and angry with the whole situation. "Why?!" I cried, gripping the sheets to make an attempt to get them off too.

"Taylor," Karlie said, hugging me, trying to keep my arms and legs close to my body, as she knew that anyone within reach could get badly injured.

"Why?" I whispered, crying.

"I know, Tay. I know," Karlie hugged me tighter, rocking the both of us back and forth.

"Why can't I have happiness?" I asked, finally hugging Karlie back. Looking through my teary eyes, I saw Cara going out of the room.

"You have happiness, Taylor," Karlie said. "But it just wasn't the right time," she added.

"Then, when is the right time?" I said, cut off by a hiccup,"I thought he was the one."

"Taylor, he might still be the one. Things happen in relationships, don't they?" She said.

I nodded, still crying. "But what if he isn't? I need him to be," I sniffled.

"See? Even if he broke your heart, you still want to be with him. It has to mean something, Taylor." She said in a soothing voice, making me calm down a little bit. "He might be experiencing the same thing," she whispered.

I looked up at this, feeling some hope in our relationship.

Adam's POV

"Dammit, Meredith," I said to the angry cat in my arms. I was dropping the cats off at Taylor's, as the cats had been staying in mine cause Taylor was too. "Can't you just get in there?!" I shouted frustratedly as o tried to put Meredith in the travel cage. "Come on, Olivia's already inside," I sighed. She was never like this whenever she's with me, the absence of Tay probably having some effects on her.

"I'm taking them home," I heard her voice say.

I turned around,"Taylor?"

"I'm taking them home, I hope you don't mind," she stated without any expression. I could see her bloodshot eyes and blotchy cheeks, though. I bet I looked like that too.

"Look, Taylor," I started to say, before she cut me off.

"Stop it, Adam," she replied coldly.