Chapter 13

Taylor's POV

As we arrived at the beach, I thought it was going to be really crowded. But, turns out, it was really deserted of people. I could say that there was no one there, except for us, of course.

"Whoa," Karlie said as she stared at the waves.

Whoa. It was really breathtaking. The sea was so blue; there wasn't any trash or anything floating around. I watched intently as the waves crashed past each other, creating smaller waves. The deeper you went, the color would be a deeper shade of blue. It was amazing. And, we could easily go to the hotel we were staying in, as it only took few minutes to get to the beach.

"It's beautiful," I breathed out, Adam standing beside me, also admiring the beauty of the beach.

"Yeah," he said. "I was just about to say, 'Not as beautiful as you,' but it would be too cheesy," he continued, grinning. "But you are definitely more beautiful than this," he added, wrapping his arm around me, kissing my forehead.

I blushed, looking down while my feet played with the white sand. Instead of being yellow (like the usual sand on beaches), it was white.

"Wanna swim?" Adam offered, unsealing his arm around me to get the towels he put on the sunbathing place.

"Yeah." I said before thinking. As I got deeper into the thought of swimming in clear water, my mind lingered on something terrifying. Sea urchins. "No," I corrected myself, shouting it out to Adam.

"Why not?"

"Sea urchins. You know how terrifyingly terrifying they are," I said, shuddering at the thought of those vicious creatures.

"They're not that bad," Adam said. "As Ellen said, when you step on them, it'll only cause redness and swelling," he continued, going all science with my.

"Does it sound like something you want?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion of how someone could want swelling and redness in their legs.

"Well, no, but it sounds better than when you say that you have to cut your foot off if you step on them," Adam stated simply, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, yeah. I guess..." I said unsurely.

"Hey, I'll protect you, alright?" He said, smiling softly. "Besides, they're here," he added, motioning to our friends, who were playing beach volleyball. How the heck did they even get the ball? "And, there are guards in here," he said, pointing to the man sitting on a tall chair, who seemed to be the lifeguard when people swim. I spotted a few people around the place where you could go skiing and basically do anything fun in the water.

"Hey, let's go there instead!" I said, pointing at the only crowded place on the beach. Well, as crowded as this place can be. It was the most crowded place on that beach, and it only consisted like about five people.

The people looked like they were the guides for skiing and stuff, and I thought it'd be fun for all of us to try it out because we didn't get that much beach-time in America.

"Welcome to Nusa Dua Beach! What would you like to do? We have jet skiing, banana boat, and many more!" The guide, a man about 40 years old, said cheerfully as we approached the

"Umm..." I thought aloud. "What do you wanna do, guys?" I asked.

"Anything would do," Ed said. "But what's about that banana thing?"

"Oh! It is some type of boat that you ride on. You have to hold on to these handles," the man paused, leading us to the long yellow boats before motioning to the handles on the 'boat',"-so that you won't fall."