Chapter 23

Shoutouts to:
RandomGirl1989 @gamingkittykat @SecretlyASwiftie @millionsofswifties and DalyTaytay for reading the note posted on the last chapter! Thanks so much for reading!

January 16, 2016
Taylor's POV

We (as in the whole squad and Adam's squad too) were preparing for Adams birthday surprise at Karlie's house when Karlie suddenly bursted through the door.

"You're late," Cara said.

"Sorry, there was an emergency photoshoot," she panted, closing the door.

"Alright girls, we need to get this done in a few hours. We all know who's Taylor's texting when she smiles," Ellie said, making me put my phone down as I blushed. "And I think he want to know what's going on, doesn't he, Tay?"

"Yeah. He kept on asking me where I was going earlier, why he wasn't allowed to come. I could tell that he was pretty worried," I said with a light, nervous laugh. I knew how Adam was when he was worried. The people near him wouldn't really be safe until he stopped worrying. He would literally ask everyone, and by any means, everyone, where the person he was worried about went.

"We need the confetti!" Charlie said like a little kid.

"I think we do need confetti. Who's gonna get it?" Karlie said. "And don't even think about asking me to go; I literally just went back,"

"I'll go," I offered. Getting some time alone to call Adam and talk for a while would be heavenly.

"Your sure?" Cara asked. "I can go,"

"No, no, it's fine. I'll go. I'll be quick," I said, walking out the door as the squad bid their goodbyes.
-
"Thanks," I smiled, getting the bag of party poppers from the woman's hand as she gave me the change.

"You're very welcome!" She said warmly.

I walked out of the store and thought about how Adam would never find me buying party poppers in a party-special store.

Just when I got in my car, I received a phone call.

"Where are you?" Adam asked me. I could sense the worry in his voice. There was something else more than the worry though. I could tell that something was bothering him.

"Why? Where are you?" I asked, avoiding the question.

"I really need to tell you something. It's been on my mind for weeks," he said quickly.

"Uh.. I'll be over in about... just give me about 20 minutes," I said,"I love you. Hold on to that thought, okay? I'll be there soon,"

"Yeah. I love you, too,"

I hung up, telling my driver, Tom, to drive me back to Karlie's.

When we arrived just a few minutes later, I opened the door and ran inside.

"Look, I really want to help, but I just can't- I can't- I'm really worried about Adam and-" I said frantically.

"Taylor. Deep breaths," Ellie reminded, cutting my sentence off.

I took a deep breath and released it, before saying,"There something that Adam needs to tell me. It's been bothering him for a few weeks and I don't think it's good news."

"It's fine, Tay Tay! We understand. Just try to make Adam okay, please?" Charlie said.

"Yeah. Of course," I said. "Thanks,"