Chapter 3

Taylor's POV

When I took a few steps closer to the door, a heard a beep. It sounded like it was form Adam's heart monitor, but that was just purely impossible.

But just to make sure, I went back to him, and saw that there were actually the rise and the fall of the lines on the heart monitor; there was a heartbeat.

Hold up. That means Adam's alive. He's alive!

My tears were completely exchanged with tears of joy. I clung to him for my dear life and then, I heard and felt him taking a deep breath. "Adam," I sighed in relief, kissing him for a brief moment before pulling away. "Oh my God, you're alive."

I rushed outside to tell the others and most importantly, to tell the doctors. I didn't want to lose him again, ever.

"Doctor, he's alive!" I shouted at the doctor who was passing by to probably check on Adam.

He stared at me for a second or two, standing completely still with a shocked expression.

Suddenly, he broke into a run into Adam's room, and I followed him.

"He's alive, right? I'm not imagining things, am I?!" I exclaimed, happiness and adrenaline coursing through my whole body. I was just so happy.

"You're not imagining anything, Ms. Swift. Mr. Harris had miraculously came back to life,  which happens pretty often here," the doctor explained with a big smile.

I sobbed out of happiness immediately after I heard the doctor confirm that he was actually alive.

"We have to run some tests on Mr. Harris, if you don't mind."

"Yeah, of course I don't! Help him, doctor. Please. I need him back. We all need him back." I begged the doctor.

"We will try our best, Ms. Swift. Now if you could go out first that would be great," he said politely.

I nodded at him. "Thank you so much," I said gratefully before walking out the door and breathing out a deep sigh of relief with a big smile on my face.

"Why on earth are you smiling?" Cara asked, eyeing me in a disgusted way.

"Oh, cheer up, girl!" I said cheerfully.

"How the actual hell am I supposed to cheer up when my best friend is dead? You're his fiancée, you're supposed to be sobbing, you know," she said angrily. She was about to punch me in the face when Karlie stopped her and whispered to her something along the lines of me being on too much drugs.

"Hey, hey, hey. He's alive," I smiled.

"Wait what? How on earth is that even possible?" Karlie said.

"It's a miracle," Ed whispered, grinning.

"He's my miracle," I murmured to myself, before nodding along to Ed's words.

The boys were mostly laughing wildly, expect for Charlie. He was crying out of joy. Now that's what I call true friendship. The girls, on the other hand, were docking out of joy. Where did they even become that close with Adam?

At the sight of my friends being happy about Adam being alive, I smiled softly.

"Ms. Swift?" The doctor called when we were having a quiet discussion about Adam being alive, and how great it was to have him back.

"Yes?"

"I came here to inform you that Mr. Harris is now undergoing surgery, since he punctured his liver because of three broken ribs."

"Whoa," I said, my mouth slightly agape. "How did he even..?"

"I believe it was from his body falling to the ground," the doctor calmly said.

Oh yeah. I remember that. He literally rolled down the steep slopes of the volcano.

I just nodded. When the doctor left, I silently prayed that Adam would be okay. That we're gonna be okay after this.

A few hours later

I saw the doors opening and Adam being wheeled out on a stretcher by the doctors.

"Where is he going?" I asked, taking fast steps to them.

"We are transferring him to the VIP room number 317." A nurse answered.

I nodded in understanding. "Can I see him?"

"Yeah," the nurse answered. I was pretty sure she said something after the first word, but I was already running to the others to tell the news.

Taylor, you're pregnant for heaven's sake! You can't run!

My motherly instincts kicked in and I listened to them, slowing my speed and decided to just walk slowly to the others.

"Guys, he's in room 317, the VIP one. Visitors are allowed," I informed with the stupid grin on my face that I couldn't seem to erase.

I walked together with them, overhearing Cara, the Haim girls, and Karlie chatting away about how Adam and I were going to be really great parents. Selena walked beside me, assuring me that he was going to be okay.

When we arrived from the other side of the spacious hospital, the doctor said that we had to be quiet and enter one by one or two by two.

"Tay, you go first. You need him the most," Selena said, pushing me lightly towards the hospital room door.

I looked at the others and they just nodded while smiling.

I took a deep breath and (YOU WALK THROUGH THE DOOR ITS THE- I'm sorry I had to) walked inside.

Well this reminds me of the time when Adam got into a car accident.

I thought about it, and it actually didn't really have that much of a difference. The only thing different was Adam's head wasn't wrapped in bandages, not was he in a coma.

"Hey, Adam," I greeted, smiling, as I sat beside him and held his, now, warm hand.

I saw him shifting on the bed, probably trying to get a more comfortable position to lay down.

And then, he opened his eyes. His green ones directly meeting my blue ones, and I rubbed my eyes.

This is real. He's awake. He's stable. This is seriously the best news.

I continued to stare at him.

And I was still staring at him when suddenly, his face broke into a huge grin.
-------------------------------
Hey guys! So I really hope I made you happy by miraculously bringing Adam back alive! But anyway, you guys should check my friend (who is known for writing the first you-know scene in my story), RandomGirl1989 out! She's awesome, and she demanded me to update today, and so I did.

Thanks for reading!
Bye
DSBF