An Old Friend

Kakashi, the 3rd Division leader, looked over his troops. This wasn't his first war, but it was his first time commanding a large force. Among his troops were Sakura, Lee, and Haku. He could feel it in his gut. The enemy was about to arrive.

"Kakashi." Someone said.

Kakashi turned to see an older version of Lee approach. It was Gai, Kakashi's rival. Kakashi had asked for Gai to join the war instead of staying on Turtle Island.

"Gai sensei!" Lee yelled.

"I thought you were with Naruto." Sakura said.

"After I got him to the other Jinchurikis I was called here." Gai said. "Now let's show the enemy the power of are youth!"

"Alright Gai Sensei!" Lee yelled in agreement.

Suddenly a cover of mist filled the air. Everyone in Kakashi's division got ready unsure of what was happening.

"Kakashi," Haku said. "You know who's doing this, right?"

"Yes," Kakashi said. "I didn't think I would fight you, Zabuza."

As Kakashi said Zabuza's name he kicked behind him. Someone dodged the blow and jumped away. The mist began to clear to show a man who's face was covered in bandages. What of his face that was shown had cracks in it like an old toy doll and his eyes were black.

"Good move Kakashi." Zabuza said.

"Zabuza." Haku said with a hint of sadness.

"Haku," Zabuza said. "Damn this Jutsu. I didn't want to have to fight you all. Especially you Haku."

"Thank you Zabuza," Kakashi said. "It was thanks to you Naruto defeated the Akatsuki Member Pain. Your death inspired Naruto to seek a way to end the curse that is this Shinobi world."

"I see," Zabuza said. "At least I didn't die for nothing."

"Zabuza," Haku said. "There's so much I want to tell you."

"Tell me when you go to the other side." Zabuza said. "This is war and I'm your enemy now. Don't hesitate to defeat me. After all I'm already dead."

**************************************************************

"I think that's enough talk." Kabuto said trying to use Zabuza as a puppet.

"Kabuto," Orochimaru said. "Use them."

"As you wish Lord Orochimaru." Kabuto said.

********************************************************

"AHHH!" Zabuza yelled as he began to lose control of his body to Kabuto. "Kakashi... don't hesitate... to kill me...remember... I died HUMAN!"

With that Zabuza's eyes became nothing. They held no emotion like before. Zabuza was now and undead puppet of the Akatsuki.

"I know Zabuza." Kakashi said taking a fighting stance.

Zabuza pulled out a scroll and laid it on the ground. He then used it to summon six more reanimated ninja. Everyone stared in fear as they saw who they were. They were all the last living seven swords man of the mist. Almost all of them had their sword, but Zabuza and the user of Shark Skin.

"Gai," Kakashi said. "I'll leave the division in your hands. Haku come with me. We're going after Zabuza."

Zabuza pulled out a basic Katana and vanished. He was going to lead Kakashi away. Kakashi and Haku followed not to far behind.

"All right everyone here's the plan." Gai said. "We're going to split the swordsmen into three groups. Sakura, Lee, and I will lead groups from the division to fight the swordsmen. Anyone who isn't fighting the Seven swordsman of the mist need to focus on the Zetsu who are know appearing."

Everyone looked around to see white Zetsu copies spawn from the ground. There was a lot of them, so it's a good thing they're almost as strong as an average ninja.

"All right everyone," Gai yelled. "Let's show them the power of are youthful spirits!"

***************************************************

Zabuza and Kakashi clashed back and forth. Sparks filled the air as Zabuza's sword meet Kakashi's kunai. Haku appeared behind Zabuza and threw a bunch of needle like weapons at him. Zabuza let them hit him as he focused on Kakashi.

Kakashi threw a explosive tag at Zabuza who couldn't dodge because Haku's needles had his feet stuck to the ground. The tag blew up and took half of Zabuza with it. Kakashi looked back to see what looked like pieces of paper begin to rebuild Zabuza's body.

"Damn," Kakashi said. "We need to seal him."

"Just disable his body and I can seal him." Haku said.

"Got it." Kakashi said.

Kakashi charged Zabuza and got up close. He hit Zabuza and hit his Katana from his hand. Kakashi then kicked Zabuza. As Zabuza was sent flying he turned to see Kakashi behind him. Zabuza looked at the Kakashi that attacked him and it turned into water. Kakashi used his iconic move chidori in which he used lighting in his hand to pierce his enemies.

The attack hit and went through Zabuza. His regenerating seemed to have been slowed. As Kakashi jumped back a thing of Ice began to encase Zabuza. Haku had begun to seal Zabuza in his Ice. As it came to his head Kabuto abandoned Zabuza sense he was done for.

"I see you beat me." Zabuza said.

"It wasn't easy." Kakashi said. "Haku finish sealing Zabuza we need to finish the other swordsmen."

"Can I just have a minute with him?" Haku asked.

"Fine," Kakashi said. "Just don't take long.

Kakashi left to help the others and Haku turned to Zabuza. It was hard to think he was dead, but he was.

"What's wrong Haku?" Zabuza asked.

"I just wanted to tell you..." Haku began. "I'm getting married."

"Married?!" Zabuza asked in surprise. "Who's the lucky girl?"

"Ayame," Haku said. "The girl who works at Ichiraku's Ramen shop."

"I see," Zabuza said. "Then I guess I don't need to worry about who will look after you."

"You don't think I can take care of my self?" Haku asked.

"As a father I'm always worried you can't take care of yourself." Zabuza said. "When you become a father you'll understand. Now then, let's finish this."

"Zabuza..." Haku said. "Alright."

Haku began to finish encase Zabuza in ice when his bandages fell of. On his face showed a huge grin. Haku tried his best to hold back his tears, but they rolled down his face anyway. Once Zabuza was completely covered in Ice Haku put a seal tag on the Ice so Zabuza couldn't be freed.

"Thank you..." Haku said. "Father."

Haku turned to join Kakashi and the others who were still fighting. Zabuza may have been defeated, but the other swordsmen were still fighting.

*************************************************

Next time on Naruto: New Beginnings and Sad Endings, the war continues!