Watching You Shine

Summary: Caspar's mum (Emily) texts Joe because she reacted badly to them coming out, and she's sorry for it.
WARNINGS: Implied homophobia.

Dear Joe,

It's Caspar's mum, Emily. And I would like to apologise.

I'm sorry how I reacted to finding out you were dating my son, I was just shocked that was all. You know I would never want hurt my Caspar on purpose and I always will support his every choice. But I was just surprised as he had never ever mentioned liking boys and more importantly - never mentioned or even showed that he had a crush on you.

When he called me up saying that he was in love with someone he shouldn't be, I was happy. Caspar never said 'she' and he never said 'he' either. And there was my first mistake, I assumed it was a girl. He just said how he needed to get it all off his chest. And so I told him to go for it. At the end when he said it was a boy, I hung up the phone immediately; and I shouldn't have and I really regret it.

And when I saw his video on you both coming out, I was surprised, and my emotions over took me. I don't even know what happened, and I said things I shouldn't have and I'm really sorry for that.

What I'm basically trying to say, is that I wish you both the best. I've said this a lot because I mean it, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I did wrong, and for everything that I said that made you both upset. And I hope you both can forgive me.

I want to put it out there that you two are welcome any time you want over here. As now, Joe, you are part of the family. Welcome.

So if you could both call me back, that would be great. And I'll say this again - I'm sorry - because I really am. And I support you both, and I always somehow knew deep down. Bet the fans were happy!

Lots of love,
From Caspar's mother, Emily.
xx

Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked it :)