Enchanted

Summary: Song-Fic of Enchanted by Taylor Swift. Caspar goes to a party and meets Joe and gains a crush on him, problem is, Joe is straight and has a girlfriend.
WARNINGS: NONE.
AND CREDIT TO Nalan1234 AS SHE CAME UP WITH THIS AMAZING IDEA FOR A PHAN ONE-SHOT, GO AND READ IT, I CRIED OMG.

CASPAR'S P.O.V

There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired lonely place

I never go to parties. That was it. They were loud, and uncomfortable and personally I just really disliked them. But my friend Marcus dragged me here, and it's really hard to say no to Marcus.
I stood at the back, with a lemonade in my hand while watching all the teenagers grind on each other. I refused to have beer or vodka, I don't want to be drunk and do something I will regret. I scanned my eyes across the room, and suddenly I was met with him.
He was beautiful.

Walls of insincerity,
Shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face

I smiled, and he smiled back. And god, I could feel myself falling for him already.

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

I gripped my lemonade harder, trying hard not to spill or drop it while I walked towards him. He still had that same grin on his face, his cheeks burning red, and I'm pretty sure I looked the same.

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
Across the room your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me

We stood together in the middle of the room, none of us speaking a word. We haven't even met, yet I just feel so attached to him. Suddenly he asked me if I wanted to go outside, where it was more peaceful, and I agreed.
Suddenly, I started to like the ideas of parties. Maybe it was because of him.

The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy

He started to tell me about himself. His name was Joe, and he had a sister named Zoë who was extremely popular. He told me how he wasn't that popular, and I was taken aback. He seemed lovely, he was stunning, everything about him was perfect.
Or he was just perfect to me, but I found that unlikely once I saw how many girls were checking him out.

And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you

We talked all night, I told him about me and he listened.
"So Caspar, why haven't I seen you before?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. I shrugged and tried to hold back an 'aww'.
"I'm not sure Joe, but I'm glad I found you." I said, and he smiled and hugged me.
"I have to go now though." He started, and I tried not to look disappointed. "But here's my number."
"Thank you." I replied, and gave him a smile. He returned the gesture and walked away, and I didn't move for at least five minutes.
Dammit, I've fallen for him already.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

A couple of days later, when we all returned to school, I saw him in the corridor.
And he was holding hands with a girl.
"Hey, Marcus?" I asked Marcus, and he turned to face me.
"Yes?" He replied in a board tone, raising an eyebrow. I flinched a bit, but nevertheless carried on with my question.
"Who's Joe with?" I mumbled, and Marcus looked over in their direction. They were now kissing, and I felt my heart hurt.
"His girlfriend."