Now It Feels Like I'm Flying (2)

Summary: SEQUEL TO "It Felt Like I Was Drowning." READ THAT FIRST OR YOU'LL BE CONFUSED.
Caspar goes to apologise, but Joe is sick of being the second choice.

Caspar sat staring down at his phone, anger rushing through his veins.

Him and Joe haven't talked in a month since Joe stormed off.

Caspar didn't see the problem really. Sure, he'd said something that offended Joe but he apologised after it and then just simply gave his opinion. He never said he didn't ever want to be friends with Joe again, Joe was just over-reacting.

He hadn't bothered to call or text him, wanting him to do it first. He didn't want to seem desperate, and he didn't want to make things worse.

He knew why he didn't accept homosexuality. It was because of what his dad had told him. He always said that it was wrong and you shouldn't accept it, but Caspar always didn't see the big deal about it.

So when he said that, it literally just slipped out. His opinion? He wasn't even sure if that was his opinion.

That's when he decided.

He wasn't going to call Joe and sob like a baby for him to come back, he was going to stand up and run to Joe's sisters house where he was staying. He was going to demand to talk to him. He was going to get his best friend back.

The train ride and the walk was the easy part, it was now when he was walking up to their house when he started to get a little nervous. He'd spent hours, days trying to figure out what to say.

Knocking on the door, Caspar took a deep breath and stepped back. Zoë opened the door slightly, took a quick glance of who it was, and slammed the door right in Caspar's face.

Good thing he stepped back.

"Zoë, come on!" Caspar shouted, banging on the door for her to let him in. "Please just let me talk to Joe."

"No, now go away before I turn the sprinklers on and-" Zoë paused.

"Oh you do?" He heard Zoë talking to someone. "Okay, I guess I'll let him in then."

There, standing in front of him was his ex-best friend who he'd horribly hurt.

"You've got two minutes." Joe snapped, leaning on the doorway.

Caspar nodded, "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for the things I said, the way I treated you, and how I never made it up to you. I wish that I could turn back time and make it all okay again, and I wish that I could really tell you how I feel..." He trailed off, after thinking about it, he knew this was what he wanted.

"I accept your apology," Joe told him. "But I'm over you now, there's someone else. Someone who treats me right, who gives me roses when I'm feeling down, mostly about losing you as a friend. He holds me like you never did, he plays with my hair, he holds my hand. He accepts me for me and I will never, ever be your second choice."

"Oh," Caspar muttered. "I'm too late."

"You could have had me, you know Caspar. I could have loved you all my life but you messed up and only you. It's not my fault, it's yours. It's not my loss, it's yours." Joe told him sharply.

Caspar nodded, "What's his name?" He asked him politely.

"Eli." Joe replied.

"Oh." Caspar repeated.

Joe nodded, "We can still be friends though, like it was before. I forgive you. As long as you never say anything around me, or in front of me and my boyfriend it's okay."

"There's something I love more than doughnuts," Caspar whispered. "You."

"My love for you never would have gone away, you have to realise that this could have never worked out and is better for the both of us. Friends?" Joe questioned.

Caspar sighed, he'd messed up and now wished he could be Eli. But he's not.

"Friends." He finished.

"As I said before, for once I'm somebody's first choice, and I'm not gonna lose that for someone who thought of me only when they had the guts. I'm not drowning anymore, I'm flying." Joe whispered, and then stepped back inside, leaving Caspar all alone on the porch.

Don't forget to comment and and vote if you liked it :)