Chapter 7

Oh gosh, it was about to happen. I was actually gonna kiss Dan, I was about to have my first kiss, at age 17.
I was really nervous, but kind of excited in a way. Maybe this would help out our relationship.
Just as I was almost finished mentally preparing myself, I saw something I certainly was not expecting.
Dan leaned over and passionately connected his lips to Phil's

What the actual fuck

I watched my boyfriend in awe as he locked lips with who I thought was his best friend.

I mean sure, they were somewhat intoxicated, but he'd only had one or two beers.

They pulled away after a few seconds, and both of their eyes widened in realization of what just happened.

"Oh, heh, you're not Evie," Dan stated, scratching the back of his neck. "Must be all that darn alcohol getting to me,"

No one said anything for a few minutes.

Luke looked confused, Calum looked immensely awkward, Phil looked embarrassed, Dan was turning bright red, and Ashton looked outright angry.

The silence continued for another long moment, before Ashton sprang out of his chair, causing Dan's eyes to just about bulge out of his head.

"What the fuck was that?!" Ashton yelled. "What do you think my sister is? Some toy?"

Dan started to breathe heavily beside me as he began to stutter. "I-I, i um, I have to go," he stated as he and Phil both stood up, rushing to the door.

Just as Ashton was about to object, I stood up, causing all eyes to go to me.

"Go ahead, Dan. Just leave me with no fucking explanation. Don't even bother to explain to me why you ignore me all the time, show no feeling towards me, and why you just kissed someone else right in front of me!" I yelled, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes from outright frustration.

I had had it up to here with Dan always messing with my feelings. This certainly wasn't love or anything, but he was my boyfriend. I still had feelings for him, that's why we're together in the first place. I may question my feelings for him sometimes, but they were still there, I think..

"Evie, I," he spoke, before I interrupted him.

"No! No excuses! This is all you ever give me, I just want you to show that you care for once! If you're going to ignore me all the time, why are we even together?"

"Evie, don't say that," he said, walking towards me. He reached out to grab my shoulder, before his hand was slapped away.

"Don't touch her," Ashton growled.

I shot him a reproachful look, hoping he'd get the message to leave us alone. It was sweet how he was protective over me, but I had to deal with this myself.

"Evie, that kiss meant nothing, I don't know what I was thinking," he said, looking at the floor, uncertainty laced in his tone.

"I don't even care about that right now, Dan! I care about how you don't even try," I held back the tears from coming. I was not going to cry over him.

"I care, I promise Evie, I've never been good at expressing my feelings. You matter to me," he said softly, still seeming uncertain

But apparently he didn't say it softly enough, because now Phil was yelling too.

"What the hell do you mean by that, Dan?! I'm tired of this back and forth with you! I'm tired of having to watch you with her!" Phil yelled.

Okay what the actual fuck?