Chapter 21

But then, out of the corner of my vision, I caught a glimpse of a tall boy with flaming red hair.

I was up and running in a matter of seconds.

I began shoving my way through the crowd, not caring about anything but the red haired boy who was waiting for me.

"Michael!" I called, trying to get his attention as he was searching the airport for something, probably me.

The moment the syllables left my mouth, his head snapped to the side to face me, a smile quickly sweeping across his features.

It was like a moment straight out of a movie. We were both running at each other, arms wide.

It was odd seeing him standing in front of me, and not on my screen.

Within seconds, we collided into the tightest embrace I've ever endured in my life.

He wrapped his strong arms around me, hiding his face in my hair. I clung onto him for dear life as we hugged it out in the middle of the airport. Neither of us said a word, we simply just hung onto each other like we'd never see the other again.

After all of the stress within the past twenty or so hours, being here in his arms was an indescribably perfect moment.

All of the pressure on my chest fizzed away, and I felt at peace. It was such a relief to know he was okay.

I took in his musky scent, pushing me further into the realm of comfort provided by the boy in front of me.

The boy who I thought was just going to be a mere "internet friend". The boy who I was at first scared to talk to, in fear that he would find me and kill me. The boy who had make me laugh countless times, and the boy I told everything to. The boy I never thought I'd meet, was here in my arms.

It was like a cheesy movie, but I was loving every second of it.

After a few minutes, I felt two more pairs of strong arms wrap around us, enveloping me in a warm group hug.

I held onto Michael tighter, psychologically trying to mend together the pieces of him that were surely broken. I can't even begin to fathom what he must be going through right now.

I still don't know what happened, or what he's gone through in the past twenty four hours, but I presume it can't be good.

After several minutes, we all broke apart, and I looked up at Michael, who was towering over me.

With one good luck at his face, I was almost sent into a downward spiral of devastation.

His eyes were that cold, grey shade that I hated. They were clouded over, lacking the brilliant shine they usually had. They were puffy, and red from crying, and the dark circles under his eyes were a deep purple. His skin was pale, and he looked like he was on the verge of keeling over.

The worst part of it all was that he still wore a smile. He was smiling down at me, trying to be strong. But what he didn't know was that I could see through it all, I knew he was crying for help on the inside.

I was broken from my trance when his he brought his large hand to my cheek, stroking gently with his thumb, causing a shiver to shoot down my spine.