Chapter 16

1 month later

It was now the middle of  summer vacation, I had been spending most of my time with Calum, Luke, and Ashton, or video chatting with Michael, or both.

Calum and Luke had really hit it off with Michael, and they were already great friends. Although, Ashton still wasn't a huge fan of him. But we were at least making progress. Ashton no longer had an angry meltdown every time he caught us talking, and to say i was relieved would be an understatement.

Michael and I have been getting closer and closer everyday, and I hate to say it but I've been growing more and more dependent on him every single day. We never go more than a few hours without talking, and if we aren't skyping, we're snap chatting, or texting, or something of that sort.

I still hadn't found out what Luke was keeping from me, but I'm honestly starting to forget about it. If he hasn't told me yet, it obviously must not be that important. He's still been acting a little bit weird, but I've just been looking past it.

Lately I've been learning a lot about Michael and his past, and it's made me realize that I had never really known him at all.

He's told me about his parents and how controlling they are. He's also told me about his struggle with anger issues and depression, which led to me sobbing uncontrollably in front of him.

He probably thought I was crazy, but hey, I just care about him, okay?

Michael and I had also been talking more and more about meeting someday. I want nothing more than him finally getting to escape his parents, and getting to come live here in New York with me. But that was pretty far fetched.

But Luke, Calum, Michael, and I have agreed that the first chance he gets, he is flying out here.

My mom would never let a boy stay at our house, so Luke and Calum have been trying to decide on who he'll stay with, but I don't think they'll ever agree on anything.

At the moment, I was at Dairy Queen with the three obnoxious boys who I call my best friends.

After we finish our ice cream, we're heading to a cafe downtown for their gig. Watching them perform has always been very entertaining to me, so I had insisted on tagging along.

"Ugh my throat feels all weird," Luke complained before eating another spoonful of his giant sundae.

"I told you not to eat dairy before you had to perform, but you didn't listen, did you?" I scolded him.

He pouted like a little boy before shoveling more ice cream into his mouth. He'll never learn.

"I'm so nervous," Calum whined, "what if I fall off of stage again?"

"What if I hit someone with my drum stick?" Ashton worried.

"What if my voice cracks," Luke chimed in.

I laughed softly. "Luke, your voice always cracks,"

He shot me a glare, flinging a bit of ice cream at my face. I would have shot some back, but I know how that would have ended, these boys can't seem to control themselves when it comes to food fights.

We don't need to get kicked out of another restaurant.

I wiped it off my face, sticking my tongue out at him.

He just chuckled and leaned back in his seat. Apparently he leaned back a little too far, because he fell over backwards, consequently spilling ice cream all over himself.

Payback is a bitch, Luke, isn't it?

--------

We were currently huddling in the family bathroom inside of Dairy Queen, trying of to get Luke cleaned up before their gig.