Chapter 27

about a week later

Evie's POV

I was currently sat on my bedrrom floor, a million thoughts crowding my jumbled mind. These past few days have been weird to say the least, and it's left me in a state of utter confusion, as I'm now left alone to calculate the meaning behind the recent behavior from the boys.

There are a few problems I'm facing at the moment. For starters, Luke has been growing more and more suspicious by the day, and I still don't know what it is that he was hiding from me. And trust me, he's come close to spilling it to me several times, although every time he was either interrupted, or he got nervous and changed the subject.

I swore I wouldn't let it get to me, but my curiosity is growing larger everyday, and my patience with him is starting to wear thin.

But that's only a small portion of my problems.

Not only has Luke been hiding something from me, but he's been acting pretty weird as well. And it's not just him, it's Michael too.

The two of them have been up to something, I can sense it. Something is off between them too, they haven't been talking much, which worries me. I would hate to figure out that there's already some sort of conflict between the boys. I can't see Michael purposely doing something to Luke, nor Luke doing something to Michael, but they both have pretty short tempers, so something could have come up.

Along with the two of them barely speaking, they've both been with me every second of every day. It's almost like they're vying for my attention, which doesn't make much sense to me. The both of them have been pretty touchy feely over the past few days, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I've never been one to recieve very much male attention, so it's a new situation for me.

It's almost like they're in a competition of some sort, or they're trying to prove who's closer to me. I've just been telling myself they're trying to prove which one of them is my best friend, that sounds like something they would do. They'll be over it within a few days, I hope.

Although I can't help but presume that this could be more than them just ploying for my friendship. The way they've been acting towards me suggests otherwise, which confuses me to no end.

The other day things got particularly weird, and the events are still processing in my mind.

Flashback

"But I don't wanna drive home alone," Luke whined, the pout evident on his face.

"Fine, we can all carpool if it means you'll stop whining," Calum compromised, causing Luke to smile happily.

We were currently all standing outside of the diner, trying to figure out who was driving who home. Calum, Michael, Ashton, and I had all driven here in Michael's rental car, and Luke met us here for dinner. Therefore we had two cars, yet Luke refused to drive home by himself.

He had already been whining about it for a solid ten minutes.

"Okay, great. Ashton and Evie will ride with me, Calum and Michael can ride together since they're both going back to Calum's" Luke stated, sending me an unreadable smirk.

I nodded, content with his plan, and began walking towards his car.

"Wait," Michael said, causing me to stop in my tracks. "Luke, I'm gonna hang out with Evie tonight, so I can drive her," he grabbed onto my hand, pulling me towards his car.