Chapter 19

After five or so minutes, three panicked looking boys approached the car. Even Ashton looked a bit out of his element, which surprised me.

Ashton climbed into the drivers seat, Calum in the passenger seat, and Luke came out back with me.

I tossed Ashton the keys and sat myself upright, buckling my seatbelt. No one said a word as Ashton peeled onto the road and started driving us through the New York City traffic.

"I'll go online and see how long it takes to get from Australia to New York," I mumbled suddenly, breaking the silence.

I took out my phone and decided to just google it. When I saw the answer, my eyes nearly bulged out of my head.

"Guys, it takes anywhere from 20 to 22 hours," I said.

No one spoke for a moment, everyone probably rethinking our idea of camping out at the airport.

"I think we should head back to your house a-and try t-to get some sleep. We can head to the airport in the morning," Calum choked out. I could tell just by his voice that he was fighting back tears.

"Yeah that's probably a better idea," I stated, even though I wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight. "The time in Australia is about 16 hours ahead of us, so it's about 12 pm for Michael,"

"And New York is probably a popular destination, so there will probably be a lot of flights. He would at least get one by one or two I'd say. If he got one by one, that would be 9 pm our time, and then twenty hours after that would be around 5pm tomorrow," Luke spoke, doing out the math for all of us.

"So we should be ready for him around then, give or take a few hours,." Calum spoke.

"Can we head over there around one or two tomorrow," I asked. "I'm not sure how long I'll just be able to sit at home,"

They all nodded.

I realized Ashton hadn't said anything yet, and I was a bit worried about how he was going to react to all of this. It wasn't a secret that he wasn't Michael's biggest fan, and now that he's coming here to live with us, he probably isn't too happy.

I sighed, unbuckling my seatbelt and lying across Luke's lap,  resting my head on his thighs. I closed my eyes and tried to forget about everything that was going on, but that was an impossible feat.

Michael's POV

I had made it to the airport successfully, my parents still had not tracked me down. To my great pleasure, there was a fight leaving at one thirty, and I got a ticket.

I didn't have any belongings with me, or money, so I had to take some money out of the ATM at the airport. Hopefully my parents wouldn't be able to track the locations of my withdrawals or anything like that, I'm not sure if that's a thing or not.

I won't take any risks like that when I'm in New York, though.

It was now 12:45, so I only had about a 45 minute wait. I decided to grab some food, as I had just noticed my stomach was growling.

Once I had a cheap meal from McDonalds, I sat down on a nearby sofa. I was still on high alert, and couldn't seem to relax. I couldn't wait for the moment I was on the plane, and it had taken off. Because that's the one time I can be completely safe from my parents. That's the one time they won't be able to get to me.

The more I looked at my food, the less hungry I felt. The anxiety I was feeling right now made my body start to feel sick. I threw my meal away in a nearby trash can, and tried to calm myself down.

I began to think of what I was actually doing. I was actually finally going to meet Evie, the girl I have been in love with for what seems like ages. Also, I'd get to meet Calum and Luke, who I had grown extremely close to in the past month.

Those three could be the family and friends I've never had. I've always had trouble opening up to people, and due to living in total isolation, I've never made any friends.

I've been lonely my whole life, and the thought of being around the first people I've ever grown attached to, excited me on levels beyond my comprehension.

There were now only fifteen minutes until my flight, and the time couldn't go by any faster.

Evie's POV

We were currently all cuddled up on Ashton's bed. It was only a full size, so how we all fit, I'm not sure.

The boys were cuddled up on the span of the mattress, while I was sprawled out on top of them.

My head was resting on Ashton's chest, and my legs were on Luke and Calum. This was normal for us, and the close proximity was calming me down slightly. Only slightly.

Ashton was already asleep, but Luke, Calum, and I just couldn't seem to do it.

It was currently one in the morning, and we had been lying here for hours. I couldn't escape the complete anguish that had been overwhelming my entire being from the moment I opened that message.

I was praying that right now, he was on a plane, hopefully sleeping or relaxing. I just prayed that he was alright.

I never fell asleep that night. Neither did Luke nor Calum. We sat up together, making small talk the whole night. Just looking for something, anything to make the time go by faster.

Prepare yourselves for the next chapter lol, it's gonna be a stressful one. Anyways, if you're reading this, bless ur soul.