Chapt. 3

Karlie Chapter.

Karlie jumps awake to the feeling of weight on her bed. Kendall is now laying on top of her, making a cross eyed face. Karlie laughs and shoves her.

"You look stupid."

"You look hungover."

She simply shrugs and glances at the clock. It's eight in the morning. She had given Kendall Taylor's old key to use and today was her moving day. Thankfully she was able to sell their old furniture online and profited about 2K from it all.

It's been a few days since she's seen Taylor at the bar. Thankfully they haven't come back and Karlie's nights at work have been easy.

"When are you going to stop drinking?" Kendall asks. The question kind of annoys Karlie, it's random and irrelevant. Yet when she looks at Kendall's face she feels bad, her eyes scream concerned.

"What else will I pick up?"

"Fitness, dance, maybe a life." Kendall says playfully and the idea actually entertains Karlie. She shrugs and agrees to begin working out with Kendall. She used to work out tons so it'll do her good.

"Alright get off me. I need to shower and get ready." Karlie says pushing Kendall off her.

"Yes boss. I'll make breakfast." Kendall hums and slides off to the kitchen.

The hot shower screeches down Karlie's body but she doesn't mind. For the first time, she's actually thinking about giving up drinking. Obviously it negatively has taken a toll on her life and she actually feels bad. Kendall looked concerned, and disappointed.

Maybe she can try.

She hops out of the shower and drys her hair. She straightens it quick, noticing how bad her roots are coming in. "I need to dye this." She mumbles.

Karlie puts on some makeup and debates an outfit. Choosing light jeans with small white rips, an oversized yellow sweater and some causal slip on shoes. She does a top knot bun, upset with her roots and walks into the kitchen.

"Damn." Kendall mumbles, looking Karlie over.

"Hush. Feed me." Karlie laughs as she sits at the counter. Kendall slides over a plate of eggs, toast, avocado and gives her a cup of coffee.

"Hmm, who says you can't turn a hoe into a housewife?" Karlie mumbles and earns a shove from Kendall as she sits down to join her friend. The sight pulls at Karlie's heart. She's never actually had another girl sit and eat with her.

Only Taylor.

"So, what's our plans today?" Karlie asks, trying to pull away from the thoughts in her head.

"Well, I have Rob's truck. eBay buyer will be here soon to get his shit and pay you and then we're going shopping!" Kendall says the last part a lot more dramatic.

"Wait, I'm closing here today right?" Karlie questions.

"Uh yeah, you're getting the new keys at 2:30pm today and you're closing here at 5pm." Kendall ponders before confirming her information. "I should just be promoted from bar tender to intern or assistant."

Her words cause Karlie to slightly choke. A look of fear and mistake washes over Kendall as she realizes what she's said. Both of them knew they had an underlying flirtation to their relationship. Kendall tries to rebound.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" She exclaims as she jumps up and crushes Karlie in a side hug. She's forgiven and returns to her seat. The rest of breakfast is finished and just as they pack up the kitchen, a knock comes from the door.