Chapt. 9

"Can you file these for me?"

Taylor is standing to the side of Dianna's desk with a stack of legal papers. She tries to watch as Dianna hurriedly types away at whatever she was currently working on but her mind was racing. She knows she has to tell her about Karlie, and time is running out.

Especially because she's been dying to see Karlie again since their kiss. They've met briefly a few times but Karlie always cuts them very short once she realizes that Taylor has still put off telling Dianna.

She knows somewhere in her heart that everything will be fine. For some reason her girlfriend has always been fairly accepting of Karlie in her life. Never had she spoken a bad word of Taylor's Ex and even acknowledges that Taylor still thinks of her.

Their only mishap was when they had the worst dinner of their lives at the Swift family house. Thankfully, that situation has gotten better too.

"Taylor? Are you okay?" Dianna asks cautiously, now having full attention on Taylor instead of her computer.

"Huh? What, things are fine." Taylor dismisses.

"Why did you say that your thankful that situation has gotten better too? What are you talking about?" Dianna asks as she now stands very close to Taylor.

Fuck! I thought spoke again. Taylor realizes and mentally kicks her own ass for her mistakes. What was she going to say?

"I literally don't even know. I'm probably thinking about a case, file this?" Taylor rushes and purposes her first question again to divert their current situation.

"Yeah, sure."

Thank you law school. Taylor smiles and offers a quick kiss to Dianna's cheek before walking across the room to the office mail box. She sifts through some junk mail and opens a case related letter to quickly scan over.

In all reality, she's trying to figure out how to bring up to Dianna that they need to talk. She can't stand not seeing Karlie longer than twenty minutes and this was clearly her only solution and way to do so.

Plus Karlie promised she's been staying sober.

Finally Taylor musters up the courage to face Dianna once more. Her heart slightly falls when she sees that Dianna has been studying her this whole time. She worries constantly about Taylor and her well being and ever since her weekend with Karlie, Dianna seems to comment often that Taylor acts different.

"What time will you be home tonight?" Taylor asks smoothly before Dianna can bring anything up. Her girlfriends mouth falls open for a second as though she's going to say something but she doesn't. She shrugs and glances at her phone instead.

"I'll be leaving your office around 4:30. It's a short day for me."

"Perfect. I have to file a motion in court tonight for a case, can we have dinner at home tonight? There's something I want to talk to you about..." Taylor trails off and holds her breath. There's a knot in her stomach and she's actually terrified of Dianna's response.

"Sounds perfect!" Dianna says happily and Taylor exhales hard. She knows this is going to be the hardest and more difficult conversation her and Dianna are going to have. But there's a calm feeling over her, because part of her knows that her girlfriend might be okay with her hanging out with Karlie.

Might be.

*****

Kendall moves up to the counter of the small shop in a busy mall to grab their order. Then she happily glides to the small "couple" type table where Karlie sat happily waiting for her.