Renee's reaction

Bella's POV

Edward and I will be getting married in less than two months, right now we're on a plane heading toward's Jacksonville. We should be landing there around seven:thirty, my mother doesn't even know I'm going to be arriving because I wanted my arrival to be a surprise. Edward had been holding me in his arms for the last couple of hours, which felt so comforting to me.

About four hours later we land in Jacksonville, Florida, we carried our luggage out of the airport and Edward flagged down a taxi for us. The male taxi driver with brown hair and blue eyes who looked to be early twenties stepped out of the taxi to load our luggage into the trunk, while Edward and I got in the back. The taxi driver got in a few seconds and asked, "Where to?" Edward told him the address and we took off fifteen seconds later, thanks to my dad we knew where to go to visit my mom.

Fifteen minutes later we pulled in front of a house that was really close to the beach, the taxi driver said, "Here we are, the total comes to $13.79." Edward handed him a twenty and said, "Keep the change." The taxi driver got out and unloaded our luggage, then took off again. We headed up the driveway and when approached the door I rang the doorbell, I could hear the footsteps of my mother coming towards the door.

A few seconds later my mom opens the door, she looks shocked as she sees Edward and I standing on her door step. She faints a second later and I catch her in my cold arms, before her body could hit the floor. I lifted her up and carried her into the front room; Phil glances in our direction and freeze just like mom did, but he didn't blackout on us like mom did. Phil asked as I set my mother on the couch, "Is that you Bella?" I replied amused, "Yes, of course it's me." Then he asked, "Who do you have with you?" I replied, "Edward Cullen, he's my boyfriend. Mom met him, when I was hospitalized for tumbling down two flights of stairs and went through a window in Phoenix."

Suddenly Phil stated, "We thought you were dead, Charlie stated that there was a lot of blood in your room." I replied, "I know." Phil asked, "Does Charlie know your still alive?" I replied, "Yes, I've actually been staying with him since September." Then he asked, "Why didn't Charlie inform us?" I responded, "Because I asked him not to, I wanted to surprise mom." Then I said with sarcasm, "As you can see she took that very well."

Edward thought, 'You should of known your mother was going to faint, she light-hearted.' I turned to glare at my fiancee, but what he said was true. My mother didn't always take things well, this is one of those situations. I wondered when she would become conscious again, we needed to have a long talk alone. I would have to tell her what I am because I can't go outside during the daytime, due to the fact that vampires skin sparkled in the sunlight.

I watched as my mother laid unconscious on the couch, I was waiting for the moment she woke up. I didn't know how I was going to tell her I was a vampire. Telling Charlie was easy, mostly due to the fact that he was delicate like my mother was. I would have to follow my heart and hopefully the words I needed to say would come out easily, I just hoped they would anyway. My mother began to stir as she was slowly becoming conscious again, it was just a matter of time before she fully conscious again. 'Well,' I thought, 'Here goes nothing.'