t w e n t y

Maddie's POV

"Thanks for watching the video! Don't forget to subscribe and like this video, and we'll see you guys next week!" Cameron says. He turns the camera off and flops back on the bed, sighing.

"Cameron," I say.

"Maddie."

"Take me somewhere."

"Take you somewhere? Why would I do that?" he asks, shooting me a confused look.

"Oh, I don't know. I just felt like doing something special today, I don't know why." I say sarcastically. Hayes's eyes widen and his lips part into a smile as he catches on.

"Why?" Cameron asks.

"I don't know. It's weird, right? It's not even a special day or anything, either." I say, trying to get Cameron to catch onto me.

"Yeah, Maddie, you're weird." Taylor says, smiling as he also catches on.

"Why are you guys smiling?" Cameron says.

"I don't know, it's a good day to smile, Cam." I say.

"It's not even your birthday or anything, Maddie, stop smiling so much." Jack J says.

"Oh, shit! That's right!" Cameron says, sitting up abruptly. I flinch in surprise.

"I forgot, your birthday's today!" Cameron says. I face palm myself.

"You're dumb." I say. Cameron rolls his eyes at me.

"Whatever. We reserved a party for you, so we should probably get going now." Cameron says, looking at his watch.

"Everyone get changed and ready and we'll leave here in twenty minutes." Cameron says. We nod and go our separate ways.

I decide to wear a pair of jean shorts, a black t-shirt, and a pair of white converse. Once I'm ready, I try to put my hair into a bun using my hair donut, but give up, deciding to settle for a messier version of the bun. I spray myself a couple times with my favorite perfume. I do my makeup quickly and I look myself over in the mirror, before grabbing my black cross body bag and my phone.

I leave my hotel room and walk down to the parking lot where the guys are. We take our usual cars and drive for a little while into the city of Los Angeles.

We park in a semi-vacant parking lot on the corner of a city block.

We get out and I follow after Cameron as we walk to our destination.

After what seems like forever, we reach a classy building that appears to be a restaurant. We walk in and Cameron checks us in.

"Dallas?" the lady asks.

"Yes, ma'am." Cameron replies politely.

"Top floor and down the hall on the right." the lady says. Cameron thanks her, and we all pile into the small elevator.

When the elevator finally reaches the top floor, I'm already having breathing issues from how claustrophobic I got in the elevator.

I'm the first one to jump out of the elevator, and into the very classy hallway.

I take the first door on the right, like she said, and find myself in a very nice lounge room.

Colorful green, blue, and pink neon-balloons surrounded the room. There were beautiful streamers hanging from the ceiling and there was even a disco ball.

In the middle of the room was a white and blue cake with some indecipherable words scrawled on the top in blue icing.

I noticed a few other luxuries surrounding the room, including a snack bar, but the best part was the opposite wall, completely made of glass, overlooking the city, and a balcony to go with it.