t h i r t y - f o u r

I'm typing this while I'm in church lol. I know, I'm bad.

This old lady keeps glaring at me so I turned around and winked at her lmaooo

Hayes POV-

"She loves me more, she always has." Shawn brags, making a face that looked like he just smelled a foul egg. Maddie snorts and tries to tresist the urge to laugh.

"She clearly doesn't feel that way about you anymore, because now I'm the one she's kissing and taking naps with." I shoot back. Shawn's jaw clenches in anger, and I can tell I just hit a nerve.

"She-"

"Will you two shut up?" Maddie interrupts him, holding her head in her hands in defeat.

Shawn and I turn away from each other, ending our fight.

I shouldn't be fighting with him. It's his birthday, and I think we were making Maddie's head hurt even more.

I chew the inside of my lip to calm down. The waitress brings us our drinks, setting the glasses down carefully in front of us.

"Thank you." I say to her. She smiles generously, starting to take orders.

I turn towards Maddie, who was cradling her arms around her stomach and shivering slightly.

"Are you cold?" I ask. She nods, leaning into my side. I take my Magcon sweatshirt off and slip it over her head. She pulls her arms through the sleeves, even though it's kinda big on her. Shawn makes a disgusted sound, but I ignore him for Maddie's sake.

And my own.

-

Shawn's POV- four hours later, around 3 pm or so...

"Shut up, Hayes." I demand, causing him to laugh.

He was really starting to get on my nerves lately.

First, he stole Maddie away from me, and second, he was giving me so much attitude lately because of it.

"You need to hop off, Shawn." Hayes mutters running a hand through his hair.

I avoid saying anything, knowing that Maddie was getting tired of this.

I ignore everyone and listen into other conversations to join so I can avoid being alone and arguing with Hayes.

"–she was thinking about taking us in about three weeks, and after that I'm coming back to finish up the tour, but I don't think Maddie wants to come back." Cameron explains to Matt.

"Why doesn't Maddie want to come back?" Matt asks, glancing across the room at her, where she was listening to music and filling out a piece of paper.

"She really misses home, and her best friend's dance recital is coming up." Cameron says, stirring a packet of sugar into his drink with his straw.

"If we go on tour next summer, will she come?" Matt asks.

"Maybe not." Cameron says solemnly, not making eye contact with Matt.

Was Maddie thinking about leaving tour because of me?

I purse my lips, turning away from them and getting off the couch, walking into the kitchen.

I pour myself a glass of water and grab a couple chips from the open back on the counter. I finish the water and throw the plastic cup away and go upstairs.

We were currently at a lounge in New York. We were meeting with one of our new managers and talking over next year's tour dates and locations.

I look around for a little bit, going down the hallway to look out the window.

Below was about seven stories high, leading down to a busy street with street vendors, shoppers, cars, taxis, and street performers.

I hear the door downstairs open and close, and people greet someone. I tear my eyes away from the window, going back downstairs.

I see Carter shake someone's hand and they all sit. The man greets me, smiling generously. I nod, sitting down next to Matt.

"Okay, so... where do you guys want to go next year?" he asks, clapping his hands together once and rubbing them together.

"Hawaii." Taylor says. I snort, and he flashes me a goofy smile. "Anywhere in Hawaii."

"Okay, we can do that." the man says, writing it down.

"Chicago and Miami." Jack G says. The man nods, writing down the cities.

"Somewhere in Texas." Matt says, smirking.

After we go around and name all the cities we want to go to, we determine the dates for next summer. The man wraps up and thanks us for our time, before getting up and leaving.

"That went surprisingly fast." Cameron says, getting up to get his stuff.

"Yeah, I agree." Aaron says, following behind Cameron.

"Let's go, Mads." Cameron says to Maddie. She nods, taking out her earbuds. She stands up in front of me, flinching in surprise. She notices it's me, and turns around really quickly, walking out the door.

I sigh, walking out the door after her.

She clearly still didn't want to talk to me.

-----

HEY GUYS, THIS CHAPTER ISNT FINISHED SO ITS REALLY REALLY SHORT but I had to update because 1.98l views 🙃👏🏼👏🏼