t w e n t y - s i x

Maddie's POV-

"Dibs on the window bed." I say, walking straight over to the bed closest to the window with an okay-view of the city.

"You're getting the left side of the bed because whenever we spoon you basically roast me to death, so I need to sleep closest to the AC vent ." I say simply to Shawn. When he doesn't reply, I glance up and see Shawn isn't in our room anymore, instead, Johnson unzips his suitcase awkwardly.

"Oh." I say. "Well, basically the same rules apply." I mumble awkwardly. He nods quietly, not making eye contact with me. I purse my lips as Cameron comes in our room. I jump off the bed and walk over to him, taking his arm and pulling him into the hallway.

"Cam, we need to talk." I say. "Why did you put Jack in our room and not Shawn? Shawn and I always share when we stay in hotels." I ask, my tone angrier than I had intended. Cameron sighs, looking down at his shoes.

"Listen, Mads, I was thinking last night...and I think you and Shawn are getting to the age where being more than friends is going to seem more appealing than whatever you are now." he says. I almost laugh in his face at his childish words.

"You've always trusted Shawn, and now you don't trust me, either?" I ask.

"It's not like that, Maddie-"

"I think it is, Cameron." I murmur, turning and going back into the hotel room.

I sit on the edge of our bed, unfolding my clothes and putting them in the dresser. The room was really quiet, so I grabbed my phone and plugged it into my speakers. I scroll through my playlists, smiling to myself when I find Shawn and I's song from a couple years ago, turning it up and singing the lyrics.

I start dancing around as I unfold the rest of my clothes. Johnson scratches the back of his neck uncomfortably from the other side of the room, where he, too, was putting away clothes.

"Uh, would you mind turning your music down a little bit?" he asks. I immediately stop dancing and stare at him, not believing what I'm hearing. I don't break eye contact with him as I reach up for the volume dial, turning it up all the way.

I put away the last couple of my shirts, closing the drawer. I grab my speaker and turn it off when I'm done, deciding I should go talk to Shawn about this. I head towards the door when I hear Johnson mumble something under his breath.

"Oh thank god." He says to himself. I whip around and glare at him.

"Jesus Christ, Jack, stop complaining. You make one successful song and you act like you own everyone. Shawn, on the other hand, has released more songs than I can keep track of, nowadays. That's why I choose to share a bed with him and not you." I say. Johnson's jaw goes slack as I say this and I refrain from scoffing. I turn away from him walk out the door. I knock lightly on the door of Shawn's hotel room.

"Come in!" Shawn sings from the other side of the door. I come in, closing the door quietly. The first thing I notice when I look up is that Shawn's sitting on the window bed and I laugh to myself.

"Of course you chose the window bed." I say. He chuckles. I go and sit on the bed with him, crawling into his lap. Hayes makes a disgusted sound at us and I laugh.

"I'm out, y'all are making me feel uncomfortable." Hayes says, taking his charger and phone and leaving the room.

"Where are the other guys?" I ask Shawn.