The Great Hall

Kiana

"I swear if it was possible to kill Peeves again, I would," I snapped as I silently placed a quick dry spell over my wet clothes.

"I'll be glad to join you on that conspiracy," Lucas growled as he flipped Peeves off.

"So why are you with us," Harry asked harshly.

Lucas furrowed his brows.

"And put up with Kayla and Jace? No," Lucas snapped. "Kiana is my favorite Black."

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't bring the lovely couple up," I sneered.

I felt someone nudge my shoulder and from her blonde hair entering the building. I knew it was Kayla. I felt a fire burn inside of me. I wanted her gone. I felt someone's arms wrap around my shoulder.

"Calm down Tiger," Cedric chuckled.

"Actually I think lioness would fit best," Christian chuckled.

"Calm down Kay, we both hate what they've done too," Cedric sighed.

I simply nodded and walked off. I entered the great hall and sat with my back facing everyone and everything. I kept my head down and avoided conversation with everyone.

"Hiya, Harry! Kiana!"

I knew that voice really well. I looked up and plastered a fake smile on my face. It was Colin Creevey, a third year to whom Harry was something of a hero.

"Hi, Colin," said Harry warily.

"Hey, Col," I smiled.

"Oh, guess what? Guess what? My brother's starting! My brother Denis!" Colin said excitedly. "You're like a hero to him Kiana. Boasted to me the rest of the summer about how you saved him from the Death Eaters."

I cringed.

"Er good," said Harry.

"Is he doing better," I asked.

"He's really excited!" said Colin, practically bouncing up and down in his seat. "I just hope he's in Gryffindor! Keep your fingers crossed, eh,"

"Er yeah, all right," said Harry.

"Hope he gets in," I chuckled.

I looked back down as Harry turned back to Hermione, Ron, and Nearly Headless Nick.

"Brothers and sisters usually go in the same Houses, don't they," he said.

"Not exactly it goes by your characteristics. Christian and Cedric are different and me and the little boyfriend stealer are too," I answered.

Harry nodded. I looked up at the staff table. There seemed to be rather more empty seats there than usual. Hagrid, of course, was still fighting his way across the lake with the first years; Professor McGonagall was presumably supervising the drying of the entrance hall floor, but there was another empty chair too, and I couldn't think who else was missing.

"Where's the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," Jake said, who was also looking up at the teachers.

We had never yet had a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who had lasted more than three terms. My favorite by far had been my Godfather Remus Lupin, who had resigned last year. I looked up and down the staff table. There was definitely no new face there.