Preparing for the 2nd Task

Kiana

I felt relieved that I told Harry my secret. Harry has done a great job so far hiding my secret. As of right now, Harry, Hermione, Christian, Jake and I were in the library looking for anything to make us breathe underwater. I flipped through my transfiguration book looking for something. I wonder what they're going to take from me. Cedric's in the tournament, Harry's in the tournament. All my friends I love are still here with me.

"Psst," Nev called Harry.

"Harry, I think Nev is calling you." I whispered.

Harry followed Neville behind a bookshelf. Collin entered the library and approached us.

"I need Hermione and Jake," Colin said.

Hermione and Jake stood up and followed Colin.

"That's weird," Christian said and I nodded.

****

"I know what I'm going to do, Nev and I need to go. See you at dinner Kay?" Harry said excitedly.

"Sure," I smiled.

Harry excitedly excited the library with Neville hot on his tail.

"Looks like I'll be last place in this Task, I don't know how I am supposed to breathe underwater for an hour," I groaned.

"A really long straw?" Christian suggested.

"This is why you're in Gryffindor. You'd risk me using a really long straw," I chuckled.

"I'm sure we will find something Sis." Christian smiled.

I nodded.

"Break time?" Christian asked.

"Break time." I sighed.

"I don't know maybe we should keep looking for something Kay," Hermione said worriedly.

"Hermione, my sister hasn't eaten breakfast, lunch and she is not missing Dinner." Christian sighed.

Hermione's eyes met mine and she frowned.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"H, I really wanted to find something, anything." I sighed.

Hermione nodded.

"C'mon dinner is waiting for us." Christian said excitedly taking my hand in his.

Before we got up to leave the Creevy siblings entered and approached us.

"Hey Kiana," Dennis smiled.

"Hey Dennis," I chuckled. "What's up?"

"Professor McGonagall wants to see Hermione right away," Colin said.

The two of us looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. Hermione gave me a hug as did my big brother. She followed the Creevy siblings out of the library leaving Christian and I in the library.

"Kay," Christian said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Care for a dinner by the lake?" Christian asked.

I chuckled.

"I'd love that very much, that way we can discuss tactics in private." I chuckled.

Christian chuckled and nodded. Together we made our way to the Kitchens.

"Hey Dobbs," I said cheerfully.

"Master Kiana," Dobby smiled.

"It's just Kay," I giggled.

Dobby nodded.

"What can I do for you and Christian," Dobby asked.

"Some food will do," I smiled.

Dobby ran further into the kitchen and I sat down on one of the stools to wait. He looked deep in thought.

"What're you thinking about?" I asked.

"What they're taking away from you," Christian answered worriedly.

I rose an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"In the task, Harry said that they take something from you, I wonder what it is or who it is." Christian said.

I nodded.

"Guess it remains a mystery until tomorrow." I chuckled.

Dobby then came running back with packaged food in his hands. Christian took them from him and we said 'Thank You' to Dobby and exited the Kitchens.

We walked in the corridors and made our way out of the castle and to the Black Lake. Christian and I ate in silence as we examined the Black Lake.

"What do you think is in there?" Christian asked.

"Other than the giant squid? Plenty of things." I sighed.

Truth is, I was worried. If the Dragons were the First Task, they make the tasks harder. Now what I love could be in that lake and I'm worried I won't be able to retrieve it or them on time. Christian must have noticed my worry because he clasped his hands on my shoulders.

"You'll be fine." Christian smiled.

I hesitantly nodded.

"I believe in you." Christian smiled.

He pulled me in for a tight hug and I felt my mind drift to something else. I felt all the worry and pain drift away right at this moment. Christian pulled away and smiled.

"Maybe you can cast a charm to place an air bubble around you?" Chris asked.

Wait, maybe I can control the element of water down there..

"I think that is an excellent idea." I smiled.

Kayla

I watched as my older brother ate with that witch. I wanted her dead and I wanted her gone. I wasn't the only one. Cho Chang wanted her gone too.

"She's still here - you didn't curse her hard enough," I spat.

"Sorry," Cho groaned.

"It's okay, I'll get her in the last task," I smirked. "Oh and Cho."

Cho turned around.

"Obliviate."