The 2nd Task

Kiana

"Kiana, wake up?" someone whispered.

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I saw Harry standing in front of me. I slowly sat up and smiled. I must have fallen asleep in the common room after finding a spell.

"Is it time?" I asked nervously.

Harry nodded.

"I'll wait for you to change." He smiled.

I gratefully nodded and ran upstairs and into my dorm. I noticed Hermione wasn't inside which was weird. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then removed my pj's and changed into my black and white two piece bathing suit. I tied my hair in a tight pony tail and tossed on my Gryffindor sweatshirt and my black Joggers over my bottoms.

   I rushed downstairs and saw Harry waiting on the couch

I rushed downstairs and saw Harry waiting on the couch. I approached Harry and sat besides him.

"Nervous?" I asked.

Harry nodded.

"Have you seen Hermione?"

Harry shook his head.

"Have you seen Ron? Or Jake?"

"They're gone too?" I asked.

Harry nodded.

"That is so weird, were the others in your room?" I asked.

"Yes. They just went down for breakfast." Harry answered. "We should head down to the tent."

"Let's." I sighed. "You ready for this?"

"No. You?" Harry sighed.

"Nope."

****

As we rushed down the lawn I saw that the seats that had encircled the dragons' enclosure in November were now ranged along the opposite bank, rising in stands that were packed to the bursting point and reflected in the lake below. The excited babble of the crowd echoed strangely across the water as Harry and I ran flat-out around the other side of the lake toward the judges, who were sitting at another gold-draped table at the water's edge. Cedric, Fleur, and the Krum brothers were beside the judges' table, watching us sprint toward them.

"We're . . . here . . ." Harry and I panted, skidding to a halt in the mud and accidentally splattering Fleur's robes.

"Where have you two been?" said a bossy, disapproving voice. "The task's about to start!"

I looked around. Percy Weasley was sitting at the judges' table - Mr. Crouch had failed to turn up again.

"Now, now, Percy!" said Ludo Bagman, who was looking intensely relieved to see us. "Let them catch their breath!"

Dumbledore smiled at us, but Karkaroff and Madame Maxime didn't look at all pleased to see us. . . . It was obvious from the looks on their faces that they had thought we weren't going to turn up. I finally caught my breath and stood up. I approached Percy and gave him a hug before retreating to Cedric.