They Did What Now

Kiana

"So what do you usually do on weekends," Josh asked as we roamed the halls.

"Well, I usually visit Hagrid or hang out with Harry or Oliver," I chuckled. "Most of the time I'm training, studying or - "

"Kiana," someone interrupted from behind.

I turned around to see Chase pacing towards me.

"Hey Chase," I chuckled.

The two of us engulfed each other in a big hug. All of a sudden I heard a large commotion. I heard two familiar voices arguing. I shook my head and ran towards the scene. Fred and George were fighting on the surface with white long beards.

"Seriously," I chuckled.

The twins stood up and hugged me.

"We wanted you to perfect the potion," Fred groaned. "Hermione wouldn't help us."

*******

The Next Day

The decorations in the Great Hall had changed this morning. As it was Halloween, a cloud of live bats was fluttering around the enchanted ceiling, while hundreds of carved pumpkins leered from every corner. I led the way over to my four best friends, who were discussing those Hogwarts students of seventeen or over who might be entering.

"There's a rumor going around that Warrington got up early and put his name in," Harry told me.

"That big bloke from Slytherin who looks like a sloth," I asked.

Harry nodded in disapproval.

"We can't have a Slytherin champion!" I spat.

Harry nodded in agreement.

"And all the Hufflepuffs are talking about Black," said Seamus joining the conversation as if I wasn't there. "But I wouldn't have thought he'd have wanted to risk his good looks."

Before I could protest Hermione interrupted.

"Listen!" said Hermione suddenly.

People were cheering out in the entrance hall. We all swiveled around in our seats and saw Angelina Johnson coming into the Hall, grinning in an embarrassed sort of way.

"Well I've done it, I've put my name in," Angelina said.

"You're kidding!" said Ron, looking impressed.

"Are you seventeen, then?" asked Harry.

"'Course she is, can't see a beard, can you?" I sassed.

"I had my birthday last week," said Angelina.

"Congrats Angie," I giggled.

"Well, I'm glad someone from Gryffindor's entering," said Hermione. "I really hope you get it, Angelina!"

"Thanks, Hermione and Kiana," said Angelina, smiling at her.

"Yeah, better you than Pretty-Boy Black," said Seamus, causing several Hufflepuffs passing our table to scowl heavily at him.

"Seamus, that's my brother you're talking about I suggest you shut it. Now what is this talk about him joining," I snapped.

"He isn't the only Diggory who joined Sis, apparently so did Christian," Kayla hissed.

"Divide and conquer?" I asked.

She nodded. I set off to find Cedric as she set off to find Christian. It wasn't that hard to find Cedric. He was in the courtyard with his usual clique. Ernie, Lucas and Jace. Surprisingly, Niall, Ashton and Calum are there as well.

"Cedric James Diggory," I said sternly.

Now if you really knew Cedric and I, this tone of voice, the full name, I was pissed.

"Ooooohh," the boys chuckled.

"Hey Kay," Cedric said with an unsteady voice.

"I need to talk to you," I said trying to contain my temper.

Cedric nodded and we went behind the bush behind their bench.

"What's up munchkin," Cedric asked softly.

"You can not - no, you will not enter that Tournament," I said sternly.

Cedric furrowed his brows.

"You said it was a cool idea," Cedric spat.

"WHEN?" I raised my voice.

"When you were in the Hospital - " Cedric began.

"I was tired and falling asleep!" I hissed.

"Well, I'm older, you can't tell me what to do," Cedric said stubbornly.

"Well, I'm your younger sister, most important person in your life and I'm not losing you nor Christian to this tournament," I snapped.

"Cho said - " Cedric began.

What does Cho have to do with any of this?

"Cho said what," I challenged.

"CHO SAID THAT YOU WOULD REACT THIS WAY, THAT YOU WOULD NOT BE SUPPORTIVE BECAUSE FOR ONCE THE ATTENTION IS NOT ON YOU," Cedric yelled.

"You know what Cedric - " I cried. "Every year we say nothing will break us apart, and every year a stupid girl comes in the way of that promise."

Cedric's eyes softened as he reached a hand out for me.

"No. I see where I stand, you were always the first person in my life, and I guess I'm always coming in second," I sniffled and with that I ran away from Cedric and straight into my dorm room in the Gryffindor tower.

I hate being in second place.