The Battle Out

Harry

Damn Wormtail, back at it again with your coward shit.

"You have been taught how to duel, Harry Potter?" said Voldemort softly, his red eyes glinting through the darkness.

"We bow to each other, Harry," said Voldemort, bending a little, but keeping his snakelike face upturned to me.

"Come, the niceties must be observed. . . . Dumbledore would like you to show manners. . . . Bow to death, Harry. . . ."

The Death Eaters were laughing again. Voldemort's lipless mouth was smiling. I didn't bow. I wasn't going to let Voldemort play with me before killing me . . . I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction. . . .

"I said, bow," Voldemort said, raising his wand - Death Eaters laughed harder than ever.

"Very good," said Voldemort softly, and as he raised his wand the pressure bearing down upon me lifted too.

"And now you face me, like a man . . . straight-backed and proud, the way your father died. . . . " Voldemort smirked.

I felt the inner rage want to explode I was so overwhelmed.

"And now - we duel."

Voldemort raised his wand, and before I could do anything to defend myself, before I could even move, I had been hit by the Cruciatus Curse. I heard a distant pop. And then the pain stopped. I rolled over and scrambled to my feet; I was shaking as uncontrollably as Wormtail had done when his hand had been cut off; I staggered sideways into the wall of watching Death Eaters, and they pushed me away, back toward Voldemort.

"Leave him alone," Kiana said darkly.

Her eyes were filled with rage and darkness. She pointed her wand at Kayla. Kayla's body turned to stone. I heard Athena yell.

"I will kill her," Kiana said lowly.

"Go on my dear," Voldemort said sweetly. "It's what you always wanted. She always took everything away from you. She even kissed Harry didn't she. Harry didn't pull away - the one who's supposed to love you -"

"SHUT UP NO NOSE!" She yelled.

"CRUCIO!" Voldemort yelled.

Kiana's body was flung back and she soon was screaming in the grass near Cedric's body.

"Diana and Lucius. Deal with your niece - punish her," Voldemort said.

"Yes Master," they said.

The two walked towards Kiana and sent that specific unforgivable curse on her repeatedly. I heard her screams of pain and I felt defeated.

"Potter, are you ready?" Voldemort sneered.

I didn't answer. I was going to die like Cedric and Kiana, those pitiless red eyes were telling me so . . . I was going to die, and there was nothing I could do about it . . . but I wasn't going to play along. I wasn't going to obey Voldemort . . . I wasn't going to beg. . . .

"I asked you whether you want me to do that again," said Voldemort softly. "Answer me! Imperio!"

"Maybe you need a reason," Voldemort smirked and his eyes rested on me.

He rose his wand and pointed it at Kiana.

"CRUCIO!" Voldemort yelled.