III - A new Beginning

"When it rains, look for the rainbows. When it's dark, look for the stars."
                                                                                            -Anonymous.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••Chapter 1 |••

Playlist: Ek Ladki ko dekha to Aisa Laga - 1942: A Love story.

Zaira:

We were done with almost all the packing. All our belongings were now wrapped up in big brown boxes ready to be loaded in a truck and to be carried somewhere else. I felt so emotional and sad. I had never imagined that one day I would leave my hometown, my birth place forever and get settled somewhere else. I had spent my entire childhood, my entire teenage and half of my youth days roaming in these streets, interacting with these people. Priya was almost feeling same. I was lost in deep thoughts as I duct taped the last carton which had all my precious books and novels. I released an exasperated sigh and plopped down on the bed.

"Priya, I don't want to leave." I told her honestly.

"I feel you. All my friends are here. How am I going to mix up so quickly in another society? It had taken me almost two years to get settled here and now I will be back to square one again." She complained.

"Seriously!" I agreed with her and fell back on the bed, exhausted from all the packing. We had been packing since last night. Mom and Dad had already done theirs before but just so you know, I did all my tasks at the eleventh hour when I knew there was a sword hanging above my head. I was a big lazy ass.

We were at the verge of crying and sniffing seeing the empty room. How many memories were attached to this particular place! 

Our trance was broken down by the voice of our father as we heard our Mom and Dad calling us from outside.

"Zaira, Priya! How long will it take for you girls to come out? We don't have the whole day."

Both of us got up with a jerk. I grabbed my clutch in which I always carried three particular things; some money, my phone, charger and a headphone. Priya and I rushed outside and saw a taxi standing at some distance in the street. Dad patted both of us on our heads and smiled before we settled in the car. I sat with my mom and Priya at the back while Dad sat with the driver at the front passenger seat. I gave a last 'GOOD BYE' stare at my house and sniffed audibly. As long as it was in my sight, I didn't tear away my gaze. This had to be the most heart breaking goodbye ever. Gosh, I was such a drama queen.

The journey started; the journey that would change my life forever. But who knew at that time?Priya was staring outside, sitting on her precious window seat and I was on the opposite side. No matter how much had we grown up, we always used to fight over the window seat. Our parents used to joke about what would have happened if we had another sibling but thank God, we didn't have any. We both were enough to make them pull their hair. Just kidding! They loved us with all their hearts and we gladly reciprocated the feelings. Nobody was more important for me than my parents. They gave me a new life in the literal sense of word. Mom was also kind of wobbly so I decided not to bother her with my useless rants. As it was a long journey so I plugged in my minion earphones and tapped on the play button of my play list on my iPhone. P.s iPhone rocks! 

My favourite song ''Galliyan from the movie Ek Villain" started to play. That was my favourite movie as well. I always loved and adored the way Guru and Aisha bonded in that. Their love, care and affection towards each other was just amazing. It always made me want someone rough and tough and insanely sexy like Guru in my life. The song made me more emotional. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on the headrest enjoying the music dreamily. I didn't know when and how I fell asleep and for how long but I kept on sleeping until I felt a light pat on my head. It was Priya slapping my head. When I didn't budge, she slapped my face.