V - Hate Story.

"When you can't change the direction of the wind, adjust your sails."
                                                                                   -H. Jackson Brown.

  🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 

•• | Chapter 3 | ••  

Playlist: Jane wo kese log they jinke Pyaar ko Pyaar mila - Pyaasa.

Zaira:

Two days had passed since that incident and I was still not over it. I was overwhelmed with joy. I was dancing like idiots with my second favourite song Drama Queen playing on my iPod. Priya was laughing at me all the while. She even joked that I was the first girl she had seen who was celebrating her broken engagement.

After celebrating my success for a while, I realised that now all our problems had been solved except for the problem of house earning so I had to search for a job. I opened my laptop and searched for some potential jobs and started to bookmark the jobs of my interest.

''What? Oh my God! Are you even serious? A vacancy available in The Malhotra's office? This is the best opportunity for me.'' I exclaimed joyfully. I quickly emailed my CV at that particular email address. Mom, Dad and Priya were happy to know about it. I would get a pretty good job now and would be able to support my family. By the night time, I got an email about my interview which was scheduled the next day.

"Priya, tell me what should I wear tomorrow?" I asked her huffing as I threw the tenth dress on the bed.

"Dude, you're going for a job interview. Calm the fuck down. You're not gonna go and impress somebody there."

"Maybe I will!" I smirked at her.

"Oh My God! Back to Earth, Zaira." She shook me by my shoulders.

"Who knows Priya? Maybe! We should always be positive and confident." I winked at her.

"But you're over confident!" She snapped back.

"What if he secretly has a crush on me?" I asked her.

"In your dreams maybe!" She rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh you're just jealous. Now get your ass right here and help me choose the right dress." I spoke authoritatively.

"I am elder to you!" She spoke loudly.

"By just one year so shut up!" I smirked.

"Go and try this one!" She handed me a dress. I quickly went to the change room and came out.

"Nah!" She shook her head in disapproval.

This continued for the next ten dresses until I decided to just close my eyes and grab the first dress. I picked up a baby pink top with blue denims and a gray jacket over that. It seemed like the perfect outfit. I ironed it and placed it with my stilettos. Then, I took a nice warm bubble bath because I didn't want to be late for my interview. While waiting for my hair to dry, I watched ten more episodes of teen wolf. When my hair were dry enough, I plugged in my straightener and started straightening my hair.

"You're getting ready as if you'd be proposed tomorrow." Priya rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh please. You know the employees of Malhotra's should look classy like them. Poor people don't know this." I teased her and she shifted her attention back to her presentation. Then, I finally changed into my tank top and shorts that were basically my night dress and jumped into my bed.

"Priya?" I called her, pretending to think deeply.

"What?" She snapped at me.

"Gosh, you get so annoying when you're on periods." I spoke, disgusted.

"Get to the point!" She ordered.

"I was thinking that Rahul ain't that bad." I referred to Sid's elder brother.

"So what should I do? Go and marry both of them.." She spoke irritatedly.

"Urgh. I hate you." I spoke and pulled up my comforter over the top of my head and opened up my cellphone under the blanket and started reading a romantic-comedy novel. While reading, I felt my eyelids getting heavy so I just threw my phone beside my pillow and slept peacefully.

                                                                     🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring!" I was woken up by my annoying ring tone. I punched my phone screen and snoozed the alarm. Suddenly it hit me.

"Omg! It's the interview day!" I squealed and got up quickly. I changed into my dress for today and left my straightened gold streaked hair open, falling freely around my shoulders. I took my breakfast and left after taking blessings from Mom and Dad.

                                                                    🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Zaira entered the Malhotra's office and gave her interview to the panel. They seemed very much impressed by her confidence and her abilities. They were already considering her for the job when they went through her CV. She was the strongest candidate. Much to her surprise, she got appointed as a personal secretary to Sidharth Malhotra.

  🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸   

Zaira:

I went outside the office, trying to control my bubbling excitement.
As soon as I ran out. I started dancing like idiots again. People gave me weird looks but I couldn't care any less. This was my moment. I was extremely happy. I couldn't believe my luck.

"Personal secretary of Sidharth Malhotra? No this can't be true. I am surely dreaming.'' I pinched myself and realised that this was happening for real.

Then, I went to a bakery and grabbed a pack of sweets from there and went home. I took out a gulab jamun from the box and fed to my Mom first and then Priya. I hugged them and announced the good news of my job.

Sid:

So my plan worked. I had already gotten my men to find out about her details. I already knew that she was the strongest candidate and nobody would stand a chance with her. Sarah was now my secretary and I could easily take my revenge. She didn't know what had she done. She was going to pay for that. I was feeling so outraged. I couldn't think straight nowadays. I was just waiting for tomorrow so that I could put my plan into action.

  🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸