XXVI - Shock Vibes (2)

"Maybe all the strings inside him broke."
                            -John Green.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 24 |••

Zaira:

''From that day, I didn't believe in relationships. In my opinion it was all a lie. Because I was afraid that I will end up hurting my partner because I am HIS SON. For this very reason I was afraid of Dee marrying Arjun. And when Arjun was trying to cheat on Dee, everything came rushing back in my mind but thank God, you were there to save it. Then I met you and you changed everything, like nothing was ever wrong. But still this can't change the fact that I am his son and I am still afraid that I might...'' he continued his past. I put my hand over his mouth

''No, You are not like him. You were never like him. You will never be like him. You are my Sid. And my Sid can never be like that.'' I replied to him, smiling in between those tears.

''Promise me you'll never leave me.'' He said with tears in his eyes which showed pain, hurt and betrayal.

''I promise.'' I vowed to him.

''Then one day Dee caught me cutting and scratching. She ran towards me with tears in her eyes. She snatched away the blade from my hand and made me understand that life is not all about happiness, we've to live for others. She made me believe that I am so much better and I can do anything I want. Whatever I am today is because of Dee. She made me the person who I am today. A successful businessman. I was determined to prove myself that I am not worthless. I was not a curse because those words hurt more than anything else. I successfully passed my highschool and got into a college through scholarship. Dee was really happy for me. In the college, I made lots of friends and I was no longer a depressed person. I met a girl who became my friend, that friend was Sana. When I first met her, I thought I had seen her somewhere and one day I finally figured out.

The little girl I saw with Dad, yes she was Sana.'' He continued to shock me even more.

''WHAT? ARE? YOU? SAYING?'' I said in utter shock.

''Means she is your step sister somehow.'' I asked him.

''No she is not my stepsister.'' He replied calmly.

''But how is this even possible? I mean she's the daughter of your father.'' I replied getting confused.

''She is not the daughter of my father. She is not his biological daughter.'' He answered.

''But how do you know this?'' I asked completely confused.

''When I found out that Sana was the girl who was the reason I lost my parents, I ended my friendship with her. But she came to me and showed me the DNA reports. She told me that after Mommy and I ran away, My dad took her mom to hospital for confirmation because he was sure that Sana was not his daughter. And it was true. My mom lived in a lie for many years.'' He replied as the tears continued to swim across his irises. 

I was completely shocked. Everything came as a surprise for me. I wasn't able to say anything.

He has been through so much in his life. Why was he arrogant before? Why did he not marry anyone? Why he didn't believe in love? Why he didn't believe in relationships? Why was there always some coldness behind those loving eyes? Why was he afraid for his sister when he saw me with Arjun? Why did he marry me? Why did he react so fiercely when he saw Arjun in my room?

Everything became crystal clear. I was feeling so bad for him. I so wished to take all his pain away. I couldn't see him like that.

''So you didn't contact Sana after that?'' I asked finally gathering all the courage.