XXV - Shock Vibes.

"The way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive."
                                 -John Green.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 23 |••

Playlist: Hum Marr Jaye ge - Ashiqui 2

Zaira:

I was still trying to process what he said. It was too shocking for me. All my life, I, like all other people believed that he had lost his parents in an unfortunate accident. All his life, he had kept it locked up inside him. Seeing a man like him breaking down was far more worse than I had imagined it to be and when that man was the one whom I loved, then I literally felt all his pain. It seemed like someone had stabbed me with a sword. It pained me a lot to see him like that. I just couldn't do anything for him. I hugged him tightly because it was unbearable. He hugged me back wrapping his arms around my body and broke down burying his face in the crook of my neck. It was for the first time that I saw him crying, literally crying badly. He dropped down on his knees on the floor with a thud. I didn't leave him for even a split second. I did not break from the hug until he calmed down a bit.

I cupped his face in my hands and wiped away all those tears with my thumb that were churning my heart. His eyes were swollen and red. It was very painful for me to see the sweet and smiling Sid like this.

He deserves all the love.

"Look into my eyes Sid!" I said lifting his face up by his chin.

"It's fine! You don't need to tell me." I assured him, choking on my own words, trying hard to control my tears.

"No Zaira, I need to take it out of my system. Please let me do it. Even Dee and Rahul don't know about the minute details that I saw with my eyes. I just could never gather the courage to tell them about this horrible truth." He replied in a weak voice.

"Okay." was all I could say.

He leaned his back against the wall and pulled me closer to himself as I placed my head on his chest. He began his side of the story, his horrible childhood and teen days.

Sid:

It was my 5th birthday. I got up excited for it and rushed outside my room hoping to be wished and surprised. Sadly, no one was there. Frowning, I went back to my room. I was really sad. From the past few days, I hadn't seen my dad. He used to return home late after I slept and used to leave for office early in the morning. Mom was behaving weirdly from the last few days. Dee and Rahul were both sleeping in their rooms. Dadi [Grandmother] was gone to chachu's [Father's brother] house for a few days so nobody wished me. I was really really sad. I went to mom's room hoping she would remember my birthday but no! I was disappointed and sad. I decided not to let anybody know and behaved normally. The whole day passed in disappointment. I ran back to my room after dinner and fell on the bed on my face. I buried my face in my pillow and cried, taking out all my anger and frustration. Nobody remembered the most special day in my life. I cried and cried in my room. "Do I matter to anyone? Do they even care about me? Do they even love me?" I asked myself.

Suddenly Dee entered and seeing my crying face she started laughing. My face turned into a frown.

"Sid baby! Did you really think we forgot your birthday?"