XIX - Too Good to be true

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
             -Franklin D. Roosevelt.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 17 |••

SID:

I woke up early in the morning just to do my regular work out and felt like swimming for a while. I looked on myself to find the prettiest girl sleeping peacefully. Her head was buried in the crook of my neck. Her delicate arms were wrapped around my torso. She was sleeping like a baby which made me stare at her in complete awe. I did not dare to wake her up. So I picked her up and gently put her to bed. I was about to leave when she caught hold of my wrist tightly and with a jerk she pulled me again on bed while mumbling.

''GODD!! This bed is too cold! Where's my pillow? And the duvet? Why can't anybody let me sleep?'' I was trying to process what she was saying when suddenly she put her head on my chest quickly.

''How come my pillow turned cold in a seconds time? It was warm a minute ago?'' She said while making her usual puppy face.

She was still sleeping and mumbling this random stuff out of nowhere. I could see the tension on her face as if she had lost something very precious.
I couldn't control my laughter. She held me tightly and again went into a deep sleep. I was helpless. I couldn't move. I decided to go through my Twitter and Instagram feeds. As I was scrolling through, something caught my attention. I decided to ignore it for the meantime. I was on my honeymoon with my dear wife and I didn't want anybody else in between. I switched off my phone and placed it on the night stand as I didn't want to ruin this moment of mine. A small smile crept on my face seeing Zaira. I started playing with her fingers and intertwined mine with hers. I tucked the bangs of her hair behind her ear and gave a good morning peck on her forehead. She finally woke up.

FINALLY!!
I let out a sigh of relief.

Zaira:

I woke up only to find myself sleeping on the world's most comfortable couch, just kidding. I looked up to see him smiling at me which I gladly returned. Sid got up and without anything, he rushed to the pool side. He dived into the pool and was doing his regular laps while I was sitting by the pool side with my legs dangling in the cool water. After he was done with his first half, he came to sit beside me.

''Come join me.'' He suggested.

''Nooo! I can't!'' I replied getting a little scared. Well I forgot to mention that I had water-phobia.

''Come na! I'll teach you to swim. It's quite boring to swim alone.'' He insisted upon that. Before I could further argue, he quickly pulled me down and not to be surprised I was breathing heavily and my heart beat had fastened.

Sid:

I pulled her into the pool and to my utter surprise, her breathing became irregular. She was short of breath to be precise. I quickly pulled her into a hug until she calmed down a bit. I led her to the side, made her sit and grabbed a glass of water. She calmed down a bit.

"I'm sorry! I forgot to tell you about my phobia.'' She said guiltily.

''Shit! You should have told me. I would not have forced you then.''

After that, I returned to do my second half of the lap. As I reached the other end, I heard her yell, ''Well..IT'S NOT SCARY ANYMORE.'' and with this she jumped inside.

We played around, splashed water on each other and after a good relaxation of 1 hour, we got out. She was all drenched. Well I was not, I was not wearing anything except for a pair of shorts. We changed quickly, had our breakfast and left for our destination for today. Well I would keep it a surprise.