X - Wedding Bells.

"I am not what has happened to me, I am what I chose to become." 

                                            -Carl Jung.

  🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸   

  ••| Chapter 8 |••   

Sid was taking very good care of Zaira. She was still very weak and recovering slowly. He changed her dressings everyday, helped her to walk around and even cook breakfast for her often. He was a perfect husband taking care of his beautiful wife. It was a random Saturday night. Both of them retired to their bedroom after having dinner with the family. 

"Zaira, it's time for your medicines." Sid spoke grabbing her attention as she settled herself on the bed. He popped out some pills on his hand and dropped them on her hand. He settled beside her and helped her drink water from the glass.

"Time to change your dressings!" He spoke and she nodded, gulping. Although they had become quite close to each other and were more comfortable now but she still got nervous around him every time. She still got chills whenever he touched her. She still felt her exposed skin being heated up under his gaze. She laid down on her back and turned her face to the other side. Sid folded her t-shirt upward by grabbing the hem of her shirt. He unwrapped the damp bandage from her stomach and cleaned the area. He applied the cream that the doctor had prescribed and as soon as his cold fingers made contact with her bare skin, she shivered. He gently rubbed his finger pads over the area, trying to absorb the cream. He then re-wrapped the bandage and pulled down her shirt, covering her. She had turned sideways, not meeting his eyes. He got up, sighing and gently kissed her temple before proceeding towards the rest room to change into something comfortable. When he came out, Zaira had already slept. He smiled seeing her innocent and beautiful face. Suddenly her forehead creased and the lines became visible on her head.

Sid:

"No, No, No!" She cried resisting someone by placing her hands in front of her.

"I am here darling!" I spoke as I quickly went to her side.

"Please don't take him away from me. Karan!" She cried as tears rolled down her cheeks.

I quickly took her in my arms and she buried her head in my chest, sobbing like a child.  "Please, Please, Please!" She continued to plead someone. "Come back please!"

"Zaira? Baby? Wake up. It's just a dream-" I tried to soothe her with my words as I shook her gently.

She opened her eyes and looked at me with terrified eyes. "Zaira!" I whispered pulling her closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and placed her head in the crook of my neck and shoulder as I pulled her to my lap. She continued to sniff for sometime as I kept rubbing her back and tracing soothing circles with my thumb.

"It's alright! I got you! I'm here for you! You can cry! It's okay to cry sometimes." I told her. I cupped her face in both of my hands and wiped away the tears from under her eyes before planting a kiss on her forehead. I leaned my forehead against her and she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Zaira, look at me!" I whispered to her. I was head to head with her with our noses touching.

"Zaira!" I whispered again and she slowly opened her eyes, staring right back into my eyes with her deep brown pools.

"It's alright! Okay? It's alright." I assured her and she nodded slightly, gulping the bile in her throat. 

"Now come on! Let's get you back to sleep." I smiled at her and pulled her down with me. She rested her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arm around my torso. I pulled her closer to myself. She inhaled audibly.