VII - Diwali.

"For it was not in my ears you whispered, but my heart. For it was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
                                                                                              -Judy Garland.

  🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 

••| Chapter 5 |•• 

It was Diwali. Almost one and a half month had passed since their wedding.  Zaira and Sid's family were gathered at their house. The whole house was decorated with lights and candles and seemed like a piece of heaven on Earth. The strings of colourful rice lights were dangling from the top floor. The flowers had adorned the living room. Zaira was setting the candles by the poolside when her anklet fell down. She heard footsteps behind her and her heart started racing at a speed faster than the world's fastest roller coaster. It was Sid. She could never mistake him for someone else. He picked up the anklet and started walking towards her.

Sid:

Though it was a contract marriage but I never wanted the contract to end because I sometimes felt like she was the one for me. She understood me. She never made me feel like I was doing wrong with her. She always had a huge smile plastered on her face but I knew that it was a fake one, hiding billions of emotions behind it. She was very friendly with everyone in the house and bonded nicely with Dee. I, sometimes, had the urge that she would talk to me like that. She would become friends with me like that. But why would she? I had destroyed her life! Why would she fall for a man who behaved like a jerk with her?

Nevertheless, she was my wife and behaving normally like a married couple around my family members actually made me polite and civil towards her. I didn't realize at that time that the arrogant business man had been clean bowled by her. Yes, I had fallen for her without even realizing it, without even trying, without even planning. She was the first girl who succeeded to catch my attention. She was the first girl whom I found attractive at the first sight. She was the first girl who had shown the guts to talk to me boldly. She was the first girl to challenge me. She was the first girl to disagree with me. She was the first girl who was not intimidated by my scary personality and aura. She was the first girl who had slapped me. She was the first girl who made me feel different emotions. She was the first girl who pulled the strings of my heart and she was different from all others. She was unique in her own beauty, intellect and charms.

It was Diwali today. I wore a Black Traditional Kurta Shalwar and gelled my hair. I was busy in getting ready in front of the huge mirror in my closet when I saw Zaira through my peripheral view. I looked at her and her back was facing me.

Damn those curves!

Soon after, I was shamelessly checking her out. She was looking extremely gorgeous in her Red Saree. Her hair was loosely curled up and falling on her chest. Her fair complexion made her look like an angel. Her perfectly curved smooth and bare back was challenging me to go and hold her in my arms and kiss her but according to the contract, I wasn't allowed.

She walked towards the poolside, pulling off her cloth that was stuck in her bangles. She began to arrange the candles beside the pool. I heard something falling. I followed her like a shameless jerk. I bent down and picked it up. It was Zaira's anklet, the one that she always wore. I walked towards her unknowingly, dazed by her beauty and lost in her charms

What has gotten into me? Why am I not able to control myself? Stop Sid Stop!

Dude, just look at her. She's so beautiful. My conscience convinced me.

"May I''? I asked kneeling down in front of her.

She nodded hesitantly, gulping nervously. She was scared as her expressions were telling me. I grabbed her feet in my hand. They were so small and soft. I hooked the anklet around her foot and looked up at her not being able to resist myself. I kept staring at her shamelessly. She was looking here and there in nervousness, probably trying to find a way to escape or wondering what on earth was I doing? Her chocolate brown eyes bore into mine sometimes. Her cheeks were turning pink. She was looking extremely beautiful. She was my wife. I had the right to do anything with her. She was my better half. I couldn't believe that one and a half month had already passed. But then there was that stupid contract and the signed documents hanging above my head.