XXII - The Perfect Birthday (2)

"Never love anybody who treats you like ordinary."
                         -Oscar Wilde.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 20 |••

Zaira:

After spending the best time of my life - in fact best would be a short word to be honest - we were supposed to go for a walk near the canal.

We noticed a group of people gathered at a point. They were holding some kind of competition which involved doing something for your partner and winning a prize.
I was busy in admiring the young couples.

The host spoke "So who's next? Oh look we've a handsome gentleman!"
I looked around to see that "handsome gentleman" was my very own husband who was standing raising his hand and smiling.

He went towards the stage. "Well I'd like to sing a song for the most special lady in my life, my gorgeous wife. Although my voice sucks big time but still I'll give it a try. Pardon me for the little torture that your ears have to bear." having said this Sid winked at me. I stood there half surprised and half crimson

Why is he always up to something new? I thought to myself.

He began singing and was singing beautifully. He leaned his hand forward which I gladly took and he pulled me towards the stage

The song ended with high cheers from the crowd and Sid was declared as one of the three winners. The gift was a small and beautiful yet elegant pendant.

Another gift for the day.

God I don't know what to do with this guy. He will drive me crazy one day for sure!

SID:

It was our last day in Paris and it was her birthday as well so I decided to make it count and planned it to be super special for both of us and I guess I succeeded to some extent.
The day passed in all happy and romantic vibe. I was kind of sad for leaving. I didn't know why but I just wanted to stay here longer. Yes, I was missing my family but this time was the most cherished one and I didn't want it to end but as they said, no one could put back with the pace of time.

So yeah, with the thoughts of going back came the thoughts of facing my past again. Facing those scars again. But this time I won't let anyone win. I would not allow anyone to destroy my life when it was just perfect. The history would never repeat itself. Whatever was in the past would remain there. My mind was full of these thoughts and I was struggling to get them off. I went to the balcony and the cool breeze in the pitch black night with glowing lights far away which seemed like stars, soothed me. I stood there motivating my self.

I was playing video game in my room when I heard yelling from my parents' room. I rushed towards it and peeped in through the ajar door.

"Why can't you trust me?" My father was yelling at my mom

"Because I have already had enough of you and your fucking apologies. What's the point of apologising if you are going to repeat the same mistake again and again? You can't just go around fucking other women when you have 3 kids of your own at home?" My mom yelled at him.

I saw my dad in full rage and he broke the vase on the table. I was scared as hell. He slapped my mother and she sat there crying for the whole night while he left slamming the door.

A lone tear escaped my eyes as I remembered my childhood. I could have saved her. I could have done something to help her but I didn't. Her pleading face still haunted me. I quickly wiped my tears away as I sensed her standing behind me.

Zaira:

I saw him standing against the grill of the balcony. He was lost in deep thoughts about something. I didn't dare to interrupt. He raised his hands to his face to wipe away a tear or two that had accidently escaped from his eyes, not wanting me to see him cry but I caught him. I didn't know what to do. He pulled me into a bone crushing hug which soothed me and him as well surprisingly. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

I want to erase every sorrow from his life. I know he's not comfortable in telling me about his problem but I have an instinct that something's very wrong. I feel like taking away all the tears from his eyes, all the pain from his life! He has done so much for me. This is the least I can do. I will definitely know what coldness is behind the loving and caring eyes. I thought to myself and vowed to take away his problems, to help him lessen his pain, to remove his scars somehow.

SID:

What should I do? I can't even tell her about my past. Why? She has every right to know. I can't just keep running away from every problem. I have to face them bravely now if I don't want to ruin my life again. I will tell her everything very soon. I thought to myself while hugging her.

Then I pulled her towards the bed and went to a deep sleep ready to face my past tomorrow because I knew I had one person on my side who would never break my trust, Never! It was the time to sort out everything from the past.

Let the game begin. You don't know who you are messing with? The name's Sidharth Malhotra.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸