XXXVIII - Yeh Dooriyan [These Distances..] (2)

"The thing about pain is that it demands to be felt."
                             -John Green.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 36 |••

SID:

Two weeks had passed and not even a single day had gone by, on which I had not searched for her. She came like a wind in my life and went away the same way. I had searched her everywhere. I had informed the police. I had contacted with every possible person in the city but I was disappointed. I had no contact with Zaira, not even Sanaya. She had deactivated every single profile of hers. I was sad and depressed. My life was back on the same track as it used to be before her. I missed her every single day. I missed her jokes, I missed her smile, I missed her hugs, I missed her innocence, I missed her warmth, I missed her snuggling up with me at night. I missed her beautiful face. I missed my sunshine. I missed my hope. I missed her priceless smile. I missed her food. I missed her the most. Not a single night had passed on which I had not thought of her. Not a single day had passed on which I had not missed her. I hated going to my bedroom because her fragrance was still there. I couldn't bear it that now it was only her fragrance and not her. What if I never found her again? I would die simply.

Zaira, Please come back in my life. I can't live without you now. Can't you see what have I done with myself? Please come back to me! Give me one last chance. Please!

I prayed silently.

Sometimes when I thought about her, what came to my mind was:

Who was she? She was the only girl who loved me honestly but I broke her.

I sat there thinking about her and drinking as the tears escaped my eyes. Aryan entered just then and I composed myself.

ARYAN:

I had never seen him drinking this much and literally crying. Who said men don't cry? Men have emotions which they are afraid to let out. Seeing him in this condition made my heart flinch in pain. I didn't know what Zaira must be going through and I couldn't even imagine. I just hoped that we could find both of them soon. Ever since my break up with Sanaya, I had tried to be strong in front of him and not give him any clue because his pain was much more than mine. Losing your soul mate with no idea about future is just like breathing and not living. And that was exactly what he was doing. He was physically present everywhere but mentally absent. He was breathing but he was not alive. He was smiling but deep down he was dying. He acted as if he was strong and he had not lost hope but I knew he was completely shattered and depressed.

God! Please bring them together again!

I prayed as my eyes became wet. I left the room without saying anything. Right now, I wanted to hug him and assure him that everything would be alright soon. That was the least I could have done for payback. He had done so much for me. He treated me more like a brother. He protected me always. And when he needed me, all I did was to walk out on him. I was really stupid but what could I do? I sat in the balcony as the wind blowing there soothed me somehow.

Ever since Zaira left, the house was never the same. Priya remained silent all the time and kept herself busy with her little ones. Rahul and Dee were gloomy to see Sid like this. Their little brother had gone through so much pain earlier and now this. Dadi [Grandmother] kept shedding tears silently. Even Arjun didn't talk much. Everybody avoided each other and remained busy in their own selves.

Zaira:

I couldn't believe that I had managed to live 2 weeks away without any kind of contact. In the beginning I felt like, I would manage but I clearly couldn't.