XXXIX - I need you!

"What makes life precious that it ends."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 37 |••

Sanaya:

I quickly grabbed my cell phone and wallet and started my car to reach the hospital as soon as possible to make a last attempt as she used to say.

''Chance kabhi bhi last nahi, Humesha second last hota hai.'' [There's no last chance, it's always second last.]

But this was truly my last chance. On my way, I decided to break my promise that I had made with my BFF. I rang Aryan and gave him the news.

Aryan:

Sid and I were discussing what step should we take next when my phone rang with an unknown number.

Sid gestured me to put it on speaker.

"Aryan, I'm Sanaya! Listen to me very carefully. Zaira...I'm taking Zaira to St.Mary's hospital. It's serious. You need to be quick otherwise you'll regret for lifetime. And tell HIM as well." came the voice which was completely trembling, disappointed and sobbing. Hearing those words, Sid fell on his knees.

Sid:

I broke down imagining the most horrible consequences of her being in the hospital when it was not even her delivery date. I had kept a record with myself. And the way Sanaya spoke, depicted pure anger and hatred towards me just because of a small misunderstanding and an evil plan.

If anything happened to Zaira, I would not spare you Sana!

Aryan consoled me and we rushed to the hospital.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Sanaya was sitting on the chairs outside the room and doctors were examining Zaira. As soon as she heard footsteps, she raised her head and went straight to Sid. She saw his swollen red eyes and his miserable condition because he had been drinking a lot lately. He was hopeless that he would ever find Zaira again. She grabbed his arms and started shaking him while crying bitterly.

"Why did you do that to my best friend? What was her fault? Her only fault was that she loved you, honestly, sincerely and with all her heart. What did you give in return? Pain, regrets, depression? Why did you hurt her so much? Why? You could've just told her. Why did you hide such a big thing from her? You always knew she was delicate. Then, why? Why? Answer me. Why are you standing silent? ANSWER ME!"

This time she said angrily in between her tears. Hatred could be seen clearly in her eyes.

"You betrayed her, you cheated on her, but you know what she said before closing her eyes after receiving the biggest shock of her life. She said "Tell him that I still love him." She said, "Give a warm hug to Sid from my side. Tell him that I love him. Tell him that he's still the best for me. Tell him, that in these two months, I still fell for him every single day. Tell him to keep all my memories safe with him. Tell him that he dare not forget this stupid girl. Tell him not to cry. Tell him that I would be waiting for him forever and most importantly tell him that I am not angry or mad at him. He has given me the best moments of my life!"
She repeated her exact words as she broke down again. Sid stood there numb. He could not just digest the fact what was happening in his life once again. He felt like the same vulnerable five year old kid that was hidden inside him for many years.