Chapter 4

Durga's eyes averted to a figure walking towards them. She recognized the man, but she managed to stay as normal as possible. They were greeted by the dark-skinned, short, young man.

"Good morning, beauties", the man greeted cheerfully. "Morning, Vijay" Durga replied in a low tone trying her best to ignore the annoying man.

In the beginning, Durga had assumed that Vijay was a cool guy, but as time passed she started hating him because of his annoying habit of interfering in other's business.

"Good morning, Vijay" Indu replied cheerfully.

"Let's go inside then, others are waiting", Vijay said happily and tightened his grip on the bag straps. Indu smiled at him and held Durga's hand. Durga reluctantly gripped her hand, although she hated the process of holding hand.

Indu pulled Durga to the small group that had gathered near the entrance of the huge building.

"Good morning, class", a middle-aged, tall, Tamil woman said in her south-Indian accent. Her light brown sari and silver colored round glasses gave her a look of a world famous politician but she was instead a mere history professor.

"I hope everyone has arrived" she asked in a serious tone as she observed everyone, over her specs as it hung on her nose. She counted the students mouthing the number and then said "good" to herself.

"Come, follow me class" she instructed and started walking towards the bus. The group of youth followed her. The chit-chat among the boys and girls started as they walked towards the bus.

Durga watched the people intently. She wasn't much interested in going out with a flock of people. She hated all the noise and chaos. 

"Hello, Indu" Thomas greeted with a smile on his handsome face. Durga studied Thomas who was grinning at Indu. Indu looked at him and smiled back.

"Morning, Thomas" she greeted with a blush. He grinned more. "And morning, Durga" he greeted the other girl. "Yeah, morning", she said without paying much attention. Thomas got a little irritated with Durga's manners and decided to focus on Indu.

"Ready for today, Indu?" he asked the prettier one. "Yes, excited" Indu answered joyfully and smiled at her friend. Durga managed to return her a fake smile. "I will wait for you in the bus then", he said and winked at Indu.

Her cheeks warmed up with a pink glow. Durga stared at her beautiful face. "What the hell was that?" she asked Indu with a grin. "What? It's nothing" she said in a low tone. "Huh! He winked at you and you say it's nothing!" Durga chuckled and said. Her face changed its shade into a pink. "Never mind, that bloke is good" she praised the tall man who got onto the bus with his friend, Vijay.

Both the girls got on to the bus and settled down. The bus was a bit crowded and few girls sang loudly in the bus while some boys joined them and had fun. Rounds of laughter could be heard every few minutes. Couples snogged at the back seats of the bus which was disturbing few people.

Durga watched everyone on the bus. Indu was fully submerged in a romantic novel she had in her hand.

The chaos was making her angry and sick at the same time. She wanted to chat with Indu but seeing her enjoying the book, she decided to listen to some good music, since the journey was going to be a long one.

...

"Won't you enjoy with us, Indu?" Daniel asked with a smile. "No, I am enjoying this book here!" she said with a smile and waved the book in front of his face.

He nudged the lady beside her. "Hey, Durgay, join us!" he said in a cheery voice.She turned her face to see the one who had disturbed her world. She slowly pulled out the earphones and gazed at the handsome man.