Chapter 27

It was a very intense moment for both of us. She kissed my face like she did when I was small. 

"Why Maa?" I asked in a broken voice as I cried.

 "The queen won't tell me she had kept you, I had tried asking her many times. She would not" I ranted like a mantra as I cried.

"It's all right, Kamakshya" she said and rubbed off the tears from my face. I held on to her as if I was never going to leave her.

"Why did you do this? I was all alone" 

 "I had reasons" 

"Come on Maa, I am big enough to know everything, please tell me" 

She went mute.

She stared at my face.

 "I will, but let me ask the queen!" she said as she placed her palm on my cheek.

 "Why? Why? Why do you always need to ask her?" I asked angrily. 

"She is my sister" 

"You never mentioned that!" 

 "I will let you know everything and also meet Tanush, Tvisha and Tejash. I also think it's time we let you know" she said and got up. 

"What is it that you are hiding?" 

 "You will know everything, my dear, trust me!" 

I looked into her eyes which I had missed all these years and nodded understanding her.

"Thank you, you really have become an adult rakshasni!" she said and smiled. 

"By the way, what about Rudra?" 

 I blushed. 

"Did you not tell him about your powers?" she asked all of sudden. 

"No, why?" 

"You should let him know, I have the queen to protect me now. Who do you have?" 

"Protect me from what?" 

"Kamakshya!" the queen called from the doorway. 

We both turned around. I rushed to her and hugged her. 

"Why you never told me, I am your niece?" I asked her with tears. 

She stroked my head and kissed my forehead. 

"I am sorry, my child. We are sorry" she said as she too cried.

"I think we should let them know, she will receive her full powers in two years!" my mom informed. 

The queen looked at her.

 "What full powers?" I asked.

"Your transformations will become stronger and you will also get the full strength after your transformation to any creature" the queen explained. 

"But, I only get half strength" I said. 

"Yes, but on the first full moon of your 25th year since your birth, you will be gifted the rare gift by the moon god" she informed. 

"Your Maa also received her's on her 25th birthday" she added and smiled.

"But what will I do with that power? Why are you so worried about my powers?" 

 "First, let me talk about it with my sister, then I will let all of you know. I know we have sinned by hiding it from you" 

 "No, don't say like that, I know you must have done that for our safety"